guess who started carrying Condition 1 today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I know what the conditions are VERY well, but condition 1 wouldn't apply to a 1911 and so I was confused by your statement

Condition 4:
    No magazine inserted, no round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, weapon on safe, hammer down.

Condition 3:
    Magazine inserted, no round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, weapon on safe, hammer down.

Condition 2: For 1911 style actions only: Magazine inserted, round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, hammer down

Condition 1: Magazine inserted, round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, weapon on safe, hammer down.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    partially because my wife can barely even pull the slide back to cock it, this way if she needs to use it she can much more easily, that and because Zombies are fast
    So there is no shotgun, no AKs, no large caliber revolvers laying around she could grab in an emergency? You've got a long way to go my friend.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    he pointed a FUNCTIONAL weapon at the camera!!! :runaway:

he didn't have eye/ear pro on :runaway:

Seriously though, this was priceless!!.... :laugh::lol2::lmfao:

please tell me this was an INGO member so I can rep them :yesway:

Feel free to subscribe to his Youtube channel if you want, he has many videos like that.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I know what the conditions are VERY well.......

Condition 1: Magazine inserted, round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, weapon on safe, hammer down.

wrong, hammer is not down it is back; (in this case firing pin is drawn back ready to be released), one only needs to release the thumb safety and then access the trigger to fire, that's how a 1911 is and how my PT145 is carried now

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know what the conditions are VERY well, but condition 1 wouldn't apply to a 1911 and so I was confused by your statement

Condition 4:
    No magazine inserted, no round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, weapon on safe, hammer down.

Condition 3:
    Magazine inserted, no round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, weapon on safe, hammer down.

Condition 2: For 1911 style actions only: Magazine inserted, round in chamber, bolt/slide forward, hammer down

No you don't and with all your extensive knowledge how could have messed this up

The Modern Technique
    Cooper's modern technique defines pragmatic use of the pistol for personal protection. The modern technique emphasizes two-handed shooting using the Weaver stance, replacing the once-prevalent one-handed shooting. The five elements of the modern technique are:
    • A large caliber pistol, preferably a semi-auto
    • The Weaver stance
    • The presentation
    • The flash sight picture
    • The compressed surprise trigger break[3]
    Cooper favored the Colt M1911 and its variants. There are several conditions of readiness in which such a weapon can be carried. Cooper promulgated most of the following terms:
    • Condition Four: Chamber empty, no magazine, hammer down.
    • Condition Three: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    • Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down.
    • Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
    • Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.
    Some of these configurations are safer than others (for instance, a single action pistol without a firing pin safety such as a transfer bar system should never be carried in Condition 2), while others are quicker to fire the gun (Condition 1). In the interest of consistent training, most agencies that issue the 1911 specify the condition in which it is to be carried as a matter of local doctrine.
    This firearm condition system can also be used to refer to other firearm actions, particularly when illustrating the differences between carry modes considered to be safe for various actions. For example, DA/SA is designed to be carried in Condition 2, which is not safe for 1911s without firing pin safeties.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    wrong, hammer is not down it is back; (in this case firing pin is drawn back ready to be released), one only needs to release the thumb safety and then access the trigger to fire, that's how a 1911 is and how my PT145 is carried now
    I'm thinking the 145 is the same as my 745, just with a double stack mag. I don't use the thumb safety on mine, the long trigger pull is sufficient to keep from having a ND.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    oh..look who's not ignoring me anymore :rockwoot: :D

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm thinking the 145 is the same as my 745, just with a double stack mag. I don't use the thumb safety on mine, the long trigger pull is sufficient to keep from having a ND.

with the DA/SA trigger on the PT145, you can't have a double action trigger pull unless you have a failure to fire, at which time the trigger mechanism falls back to double action, pulling back the firing pin and releasing in one long pull.

this may have been different on older PT145's, but the third generation (latest) works this way. when you fill the magazine and rack the slide it cocks the firing pin back, and loads a round in the chamber, the safety is the only thing separating you from the single action trigger release. The PT145 lacks a de-cocker to put it in long DA action while loaded. Once you are "cocked and locked" only cycling the trigger will return it to DA "long pull" mode.

oh..look who's not ignoring me anymore :rockwoot: :D

dont get too excited, i read that one post and responded to it, the rest are still censored, for the children....

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    No you don't and with all your extensive knowledge how could have messed this up

The Modern Technique

Cooper's modern technique defines pragmatic use of the pistol for personal protection. The modern technique emphasizes two-handed shooting using the Weaver stance, replacing the once-prevalent one-handed shooting. The five elements of the modern technique are:
    • The Weaver stance
    • The presentation
    Cooper favored the Colt M1911 and its variants. There are several conditions of readiness in which such a weapon can be carried. Cooper promulgated most of the following terms:
    • Condition One: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on.
    • Condition Zero: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.
    Some of these configurations are safer than others (for instance, a single action pistol without a firing pin safety such as a transfer bar system should never be carried in Condition 2), while others are quicker to fire the gun (Condition 1). In the interest of consistent training, most agencies that issue the 1911 specify the condition in which it is to be carried as a matter of local doctrine.
    This firearm condition system can also be used to refer to other firearm actions, particularly when illustrating the differences between carry modes considered to be safe for various actions. For example, DA/SA is designed to be carried in Condition 2, which is not safe for 1911s without firing pin safeties.

yes!!!.... I'm aware of Cooper and the conditions :ugh:....I purposely altered the admittedly copy and paste reference in my post to see if he was upholding his promise to "ignore" me...as pointed out in my previous post :D

nice wikipedia reference and attempt to :stickpoke: at me though, IDK what your personal issue is with me and I don't really care either......but feel free to keep em comin....I have nothing to prove to a bunch of random internet go'ers

I guess I should at least commend you for catching it though...even if it was out of an illfounded agenda to flame me ....still deserve the credit for noticing where others hadn't

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    dont get too excited, i read that one post and responded to it, the rest are still censored, for the children....
    it's always for the children ;)....but I don't have any, and I'm a Marine so I don't play well with others lol.............glad to see you've altered your point of view though :yesway:

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

Condition 4:

Condition 3:

The Modern Technique
    • The Weaver stance
    • The presentation

Thanks for keepin' 'em honest :D ...again

Top Bottom