• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    And here is the shooter out bowling the night before.

LANGUAGE WARNING!!!!

[video=youtube;YedqV4Gl_us]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YedqV4Gl_us[/video]

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I'm keeping this one in my hip pocket for the next: "should I get one of these here badges?" threads.

...and there will be another, and several after that.

You know how to spoil things. That's what I was going to ask. Where can I find a badge like that and a .9mm gun to go with it? And where can a person find .9mm ammo? :)

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    At first I was all like :facepalm:

Then I was all like, "hey that's me every Sunday!" :rockwoot:

I was a little taken aback by the title in the thread. A gun in a church is a problem? Not sure if that is what the OP intended to suggest.....I hope not. I believe that law abiding gun owners should be able to carry everywhere at all times.

I have been attending the same church for almost 30 years now. In any given service we have at least a dozen or so guns in the building (properly carried and holstered). In our 30 years, we have never had an negligent discharge nor has anyone ever needed to draw their weapon.

We have 1 simple rule, all guns must remain holstered at all times unless you are trying to prevent the death of yourself or the death of someone else. Coon fingering is grounds for banishment of your carry gun on church property (yes, we have the right to make this decision on our property). You would still be invited. But if you coon finger, your weapon is not welcome.

IMHO getting punched is not grounds for shooting someone. However, for the most part, our press now days does not seem to understand true reporting and investigating. If the facts presented are complete and true, then this carrier is 100% at fault and was escalating the situation rather than de-escalating it. However, if the other party was punching him with brass knuckles or also had a knife or a gun himself, that becomes murky at best.

Ultimately, it's a stinking chair. As the leader of my church security team, I know for a fact that this could have been resolved without the need for violence. I have personally done this in the past. Someone needs to get some training on de-escalation skills. Worst case, law enforcement could have been called to remove the offender if he was causing such a disturbance.

Unfortunately, there are those who think a license to carry is the same thing as a position of authority. You have no more nor no less authority than any other citizen. You just have the ability to stop life ending events when they happen. Thankfully, this is a VERY small number of those who are licensed to carry.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Braxton was creating a disturbance during the 11 a.m. church service after a fellow church member sitting behind him touched his shoulder, apparently telling him that he'd taken an already occupied seat," Steele said.
    If the seat was "already occupied", he would have been sitting on the occupant!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The shooter got punched in the face regardless that he had a gun in hand.

The shooter didn't die or get comatosed from being punched in the face.

The shooter was charged with manslaughter even though he was first punched in the face. You better have a real good story lined up if you think you will be ok to shoot someone for punching you.

At least the dead guy will not be an ******* in church or anywhere else again.

Person A and Person B are not currently/were not previously interacting.
    Person A draws his firearm, approaches, and accosts Person B.
    Person A and Person B engage in a verbal disagreement.
    Person B punches Person A.
    Person A shoots and kills Person B.

If those facts are accurate, Person B acted in righteous self-defense in using force against Person A, who had threatened him with a firearm.

Person A should have been, and was, arrested for unlawful use of force in the killing of another.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And this is why I don't go to one of those phony-baloney good-time rock n roll churches.

Et tu Brutus? et tu?

I like my pews hard, my shoes uncomfortable, my hymnals old, and the organ out of tune......

My brother sent me this and I laughed a wee bit.....

[video=youtube;3RJBd8zE48A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJBd8zE48A[/video]

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Before this gets out of hand can we just talk about squid pizzas? Instead of blaming it on the Rock and Roll Church (it's only bad if you play it backwards, redrum, redrum) blame the gun.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yeah, this kind of thing NEVER happens at the little old folks, Bible Believin, Bluegrass Gospel, King James only type churches.. :rolleyes:

Mote, plank, eye..

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was hoping PA required training prior to being issued a permit. A quick check doesn't indicate that they do.

Oh...and I don't have any problem with church pews having a bit of padding.

Top Bottom