• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Do we really need to worry about simpletons who type "piece of mind"?

They are fools. Laugh at them.:D

What, you don't like Iron Maiden?

Iron_Maiden_-_Piece_Of_Mind.jpg

Edit: Ahhh :poop:...I now see that bradmedic04 beat me to the punch....and his is bigger....my weekend is now ruined.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I tried having a discussion about the right to bear arms with someone from the UK. His response? "What about the right to rape people? or the right to smoke meth? or the right to shoot a Bald Eagle? What about the right to keep slaves?" - yes, he compared people exercising their Second Amendment rights with rapists and drug addicts :ugh:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Ok, the right to shoot a Bald Eagle...really should be free. It's a bird, if it isn't endangered, it could be for sport. Why can't we shoot eagles? You know eagles fly in Canada too.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I tried having a discussion about the right to bear arms with someone from the UK. His response? "What about the right to rape people? or the right to smoke meth? or the right to shoot a Bald Eagle? What about the right to keep slaves?" - yes, he compared people exercising their Second Amendment rights with rapists and drug addicts :ugh:

Well, yeah, but i think self defense is pretty much against the law in the UK. You'd probably be OK if you could stop the criminal with a look or a kind word, but any touching or harsh words are right out. And, it is absolutely forbidden to carry anything which could be used as a weapon.

As soon as someone hits a mugger with a bumbershoot, all the English will be always wet because brollies will be outlawed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you add to his list the right to whine about false equivelencies?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Why waste one moment of your valuable time on an anti-gun Liberal loon? There's no real facts on which they spew their venom, just mindless psychobabble regurgitated from failed groups like MDA and the Brady Campaign.

Their numbers aren't growing, all statistics prove that, unquestionably. Their feeble claims to the contrary are an act of desperation, a vain "death knell" attempt to legitimize themselves and induce fellow (democ)rats to stay on the sinking ship. MDA at the NRA Indy Convention this year proves there's not many (democ)rats left on that ship.

Perhaps we 'empower' them too much in trying to reverse their level of stupidity. Like all forms of ignorance retardation, they can only educate and help themselves, something they've chosen not to do.

At this point, maybe the best thing to do with this group is not to 'just ignore them', but to treat them like the simpletons they are. 'Pat them on the head', point & laugh, and relegate them to the basement with the rest of the lunatic conspiracy fringe.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Well, yeah, but i think self defense is pretty much against the law in the UK. You'd probably be OK if you could stop the criminal with a look or a kind word, but any touching or harsh words are right out. And, it is absolutely forbidden to carry anything which could be used as a weapon.

As soon as someone hits a mugger with a bumbershoot, all the English will be always wet because brollies will be outlawed.
    You have to use reasonable force, and while I get the concept behind it, what happens in the heat of the moment when you fear serious injury can look very different when Monday Morning QB'ing starts

Did you add to his list the right to whine about false equivelencies?
    Absolutely. He had a long line of doing this while pretending to be impartial but wanting no private gun ownership "because people who own guns for 'self defense' are, by and large, safe and responsible. But 300,000 is a lot of weapons, and it's not like they go stale. Some of those guns might still be functioning 100 years from now. You can't say who's hands they will end up in. It could be people who aren't even born yet. Some will be stolen, some will be involved in murders, suicides, accidents, a lot can happen in that time... Eventually they feed back into the gun problem, and then what? More guns?"

Why waste one moment of your valuable time on an anti-gun Liberal loon? There's no real facts on which they spew their venom, just mindless psychobabble regurgitated from failed groups like MDA and the Brady Campaign.

Their numbers aren't growing, all statistics prove that, unquestionably. Their feeble claims to the contrary are an act of desperation, a vain "death knell" attempt to legitimize themselves and induce fellow (democ)rats to stay on the sinking ship. MDA at the NRA Indy Convention this year proves there's not many (democ)rats left on that ship.

Perhaps we 'empower' them too much in trying to reverse their level of stupidity. Like all forms of ignorance retardation, they can only educate and help themselves, something they've chosen not to do.

At this point, maybe the best thing to do with this group is not to 'just ignore them', but to treat them like the simpletons they are. 'Pat them on the head', point & laugh, and relegate them to the basement with the rest of the lunatic conspiracy fringe.
    I kept getting suckered back in against my better judgement. The only evidence he tried to provide was the discredited Kellermann study, and he studiously ignored every bit of evidence that he was given to show that positives of gun ownership. You can lead a horse to water, and all that jazz.
    He didn't like it when the tables were turned after he asked me once to many times to justify the right to bear arms. He was told that I no more have to justify that right than he has to justify his right to life, or his right to spew his ill informed opinions :):

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Everybody is brave, highly intellectual and invinceable behind a keyboard, even if they are unproductive geek drop outs, eating cereal in their pajamas in their mothers basement.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think these writers, by far and large, understand that just because defense is the most important reason for owning a gun, it's by far the least applied.

It's something you can have fun with that can also save your life one day... Not this executioner's tool from hell that you watch in the corner every single day waiting for a robber to break through your front door.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    :orly::orly:

I'm trying to remember the last time I used my guns to vent my frustration on anyone.

:+1: I generally prefer to make up swear words. If I have had a frustrating time at work for days on end, I will take that frustration out on some paper targets at the range. Never a person.

I truly believe a lot of this ridiculousness boils down to a fear of the unknown. I have a very good friend who is very anti-gun. More than anything it's because she hasn't been around guns...ever. In her mind a gun is something that, if used in the wrong manner, can have devastating effects. Therefore no one should have them lest they lose their temper and go on a rampage. Let me be the first to tell you I lose my temper a lot. I have NEVER gone on a rampage killing people. I have never even drawn my gun on someone out of frustration or anger. The left often tries to paint us as uneducated and cowardly rednecks instead of realistic people who understand that there are bad things in this world and we need to take necessary measures to protect ourselves.

Top Bottom