• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm sure that the $100 transfer is just to discourage people from using those dealers. They've probably have had the same issues as LGS and Plainfield.

Please share.
    we've taken in transfers from Buds, I've looked up what they paid for it, with transfer fee and they saved very little on most purchases, for stuff that is already in stock at the LGS. :dunno:

Buds will end up putting the LGS out of business, then who will do the transfers?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    OP, just make your life simpler next time and START at Bradis. Once you go there, you'll learn 2 things really quickly--there is a very good reason they won the poll on INGO for best gun shop in the state, and secondly if you start there, you'll end up finishing your searching there.

As a public service, I have to warn you though: going to Bradis is habit-forming!!!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I think most of them have had little customer service experience like in retail. They think they can just do something they love and make money no matter how their attitude is. To run a business customer service is a must along with long hours put in at the shop try about 60 to 70 hours a week. Most people think they can take it easy and just get by. I even think some of them are doing it for a hobby judging by service, prices and lack of inventory it seems no one really wants to provide good service and an abundance of products. I would like to open a shop and am thinking about it but I wouldn't open unless I had at least 100 to 200 guns in stock. Also customer service would be a must.

StorminJason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just an update on this thread. I went out to Indy Gun Club today at lunch. It took an hour to get the sale completed, but I bought the Range & Carry version of the S&W M&P .40

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    outdoorsman is too much
    beech grove is 25 bucks last check
    If you use elmores then if it is drop shipped (ship from the manafacturer at buds gun shop request) they will reject the shipment...transfers from buds are $100 and $35 for any others

THE BEST PLACE TO USE IS BZGUNZ in Plainfield BZGUNZ.COM
    Last year it was ten bucks this year it is 15 bucks--very reasonable
    Plainfield, IN 46168
    ph: 317-508-3865
    fax: 317-838-9805
    info@bzgunz.com

Try Bradis.

Try The Outdoorsman.

Try Plainfield Shooters Supply.

Try Beech Grove Firearms.

Try Wanamaker Guns.

And, as an last resort, try Elmore's.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    -1 for facts

Indy Gun Safety says on their website that they'll do the transfer from BudsGunShop for $35. They won't return phone calls or emails and their shop is only open for 4 hours on Sundays (allegedly). I've tried multiple times to contact them. They're just not interested.

Ordinarily I would not waste my valuable time responding to a thread created by a brand new user who opened their account simply to flame local dealers. But I take exception to this post. The OP sent one email at 11:51 PM the night we closed the shop for 7 days for training and inventory. He sent ONE email the next day while we were closed. It's rather misleading to say MULTIPLE TIMES, CALLS and EMAILS. There was one each, while we were closed.

Our web site lists the process for a transfer from anyone, INCLUDING Buds. You don't need to call or email us. We do an average of 5 Bud's transfers a day. Everyone seems to be able to understand the instructions but you. All you had to do is buy the gun and wait for a call when the gun came in. You could also call if concerned once you had a tracking number.

Did you ever consider stopping by the shop? (we posted our closure here AND on the door at the shop.)

By the way, we are open AT LEAST 46 hours a week. (Not 4 like you stated) Mon-Sat, noon-7:00PM by appointment and Sunday noon to 4:00 PM for walk ins. We do close from time to time for training WHICH IS OUR MAIN BUSINESS.

We do the best we can. On occaision we miss returning a call or an email because life happens. I expect it's the same for all of the other dealers, not just the ones you flamed here. Working within our limits lets us sell M&P 9's for $499, Glocks for $489 and XD's for $479.

When you post to condemn and insult you could at least have your facts straight. :n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ordinarily I would not waste my valuable time responding to a thread created by a brand new user who opened their account simply to flame local dealers. But I take exception to this post. The OP sent one email at 11:51 PM the night we closed the shop for 7 days for training and inventory. He sent ONE email the next day while we were closed. It's rather misleading to say MULTIPLE TIMES, CALLS and EMAILS. There was one each, while we were closed.

Our web site lists the process for a transfer from anyone, INCLUDING Buds. You don't need to call or email us. We do an average of 5 Bud's transfers a day. Everyone seems to be able to understand the instructions but you. All you had to do is buy the gun and wait for a call when the gun came in. You could also call if concerned once you had a tracking number.

Did you ever consider stopping by the shop? (we posted our closure here AND on the door at the shop.)

By the way, we are open AT LEAST 46 hours a week. (Not 4 like you stated) Mon-Sat, noon-7:00PM by appointment and Sunday noon to 4:00 PM for walk ins. We do close from time to time for training WHICH IS OUR MAIN BUSINESS.

We do the best we can. On occaision we miss returning a call or an email because life happens. I expect it's the same for all of the other dealers, not just the ones you flamed here. Working within our limits lets us sell M&P 9's for $499, Glocks for $489 and XD's for $479.

When you post to condemn and insult you could at least have your facts straight. :n00b:

One thing I've learned about Internet feedback sites is folks that have a complaint are more likely to post it than if they have a compliment. I've never done business with you or Bradis (only because its kinda out if my stomping grounds), but I can assure you a single complaint has not soured my opinion...FWIW.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Try Bradis.

Try Plainfield Shooters Supply.

Try Beech Grove Firearms.

Can't go wrong with these 3. PSS, Bradis and BGF have not disappointed me.

Just an update on this thread. I went out to Indy Gun Club today at lunch. It took an hour to get the sale completed, but I bought the Range & Carry version of the S&W M&P .40

What the heck would take an hour?

What did you end up getting it for?

Were you happy with the service/price, etc? You don't seem to be providing much info, when you provided very specific info in the first post.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

im confused, your open 46 hours a week, but 42 of those are by appt. only? Are you there during those 42 hrs? It seems if somebody wanted to just stop by your shop on a whim, your only open 4 hours a week?

by what you have written, the OP seems to be dead on about your hours

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    im confused, your open 46 hours a week, but 42 of those are by appt. only? Are you there during those 42 hrs? It seems if somebody wanted to just stop by your shop on a whim, your only open 4 hours a week?

by what you have written, the OP seems to be dead on about your hours

The shop is available to the public 46 hours a week, and then some. Not only are we available during from noon to 7:00 PM we often meet clients for appointments BEFORE and AFTER those hours. What to stop by on a whim? Call for an appointment. We do things by appointment to give a different customer experience. The vast majority of our customers are our students. They appreciate this type of customer service. They don't have to wait in line, can ask all the questions they want, and don't have customers in line behind them rolling their eyes because they ask basic questions. Nobody offers that level of customer service. Buying a gun for personal defense (which is what we specialize in) is a PERSONAL decision. It need not be made in public in front of a crowd. For the old pro's we are open for walk ins, first come first served, on Sundays. If they want an appointment all they have to do is call.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    gallery of guns will ship that item to Indy Gun Safety for $520 out the door. all online and you don't even have to do anything but answer the phone when Randy calls you.

Ask me how I know. :)

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The shop is available to the public 46 hours a week, and then some. Not only are we available during from noon to 7:00 PM we often meet clients for appointments BEFORE and AFTER those hours. What to stop by on a whim? Call for an appointment. We do things by appointment to give a different customer experience. The vast majority of our customers are our students. They appreciate this type of customer service. They don't have to wait in line, can ask all the questions they want, and don't have customers in line behind them rolling their eyes because they ask basic questions. Nobody offers that level of customer service. Buying a gun for personal defense (which is what we specialize in) is a PERSONAL decision. It need not be made in public in front of a crowd. For the old pro's we are open for walk ins, first come first served, on Sundays. If they want an appointment all they have to do is call.

So your open 42 hours a week to those that have an appt? Thats not really the public and I like how you changed your post from "open" to "available"...bottom line is if im in fishers and waiting on the wife and wanna stop in Mon-Sat, I gotta have an appt., which is fine but it's very misleading to get on here and say that your "open" to the public 46 hours a week. Furthermore, to be confrontational to the OP about the observation is really kinda crappy.

Im rarely in fishers from noon-4 so I guess I don't have much to worry about

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I gotta' go with "Destro" on this one ,

HAVING TO CALL before you come into a shop is a level DOWN :noway: in the customer service department , not up.
    IT IS ONE MORE step for the customer

...I've said enough....if you don't understand it by now , you never will.
    The OP was right, either you're open to the public , or you're not ...

You are open 4 hours a week to the public

Most normal people do not enjoy talking on the phone .
    Just my..:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom