• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    But it looks like there are a lot of cowboys here that think training is apparently for sissies.

There appears to also be at least one hippy here that think more restrictions around our Constitutional rights are in order. These braindeads want rights to become privileges. Baaaa.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    The class was 3 weeks long and it was to train the men and women in our military to safely and effectively use a firearm. You know, the people who fight for our freedom in battlefields using guns every day. And they learned how to use said gun from people like me. Not to mention all the additional training I have had. CQB, armed sentry, run n gun courses, etc...
    So I have spent plenty of time training. A mere 6 years of my life. Never spent my own money though, just your tax dollars. So understand if I think a little training is a good thing. I don't want some sheep pulling their piece out in public over something trivial. But it looks like there are a lot of cowboys here that think training is apparently for sissies.

I run a training company. I do not think training should be mandatory. Indiana has gone decades without a training requirement and there isn't a problem that you seem to be concerned with happening in Illinois.

I am unwilling to see more restrictions on our Constitutional Rights. Even with the misguided justification of "public safety".

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Would you want people to get a drivers license without ever learning to drive? Do you think people can operate a crane, semi truck, bull dozer, or other heavy equipment with no training? Yet you think it is a good idea for someone who has never shot a gun, maybe held one once before, to get a LTCH and carry it in public?
    But maybe I'm wrong. Crazy ol' Uncle Jrod talking about safety and responsibility like that matters. I'm so silly! :nuts:
    I don't think they should have to get the LTCH period. For that matter any license for anything. It is called FREEDOM, what people used to have in this country

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I run a training company. I do not think training should be mandatory. Indiana has gone decades without a training requirement and there isn't a problem that you seem to be concerned with happening in Illinois.

I am unwilling to see more restrictions on our Constitutional Rights. Even with the misguided justification of "public safety".

Glad to hear someone that provides training for money say they do not think it is required. At least you understand Rights :+1:

Tried to rep ya. But I recklessly used all my rep up :D

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Glad to hear someone that provides training for money say they do not think it is required. At least you understand Rights :+1:

Tried to rep ya. But I recklessly used all my rep up :D

Thanks for the attempted rep. :):

Training is very important. I want gun owners to take classes and to improve what they are able to do. But to have The State mandate training as a requirement for someone to carry a gun is just a barrier against good people exercising their Constitutional Rights.

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven
    You should hear me on a good day when people like you are talking about infringing on my rights and others rights because it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling
    Yeah, sure. Me in favor of trampling on the constitution. You have no idea what you are saying. But if talking out of your hind end gives you a "warm fuzzy" then go right ahead. If you would read my initial post, I said I would be in favor of training, having seen what an untrained person is capable of with a firearm. I never actually endorsed it, on account of you can't give the libs an inch or they try to take it a mile. Get it??

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yeah, sure. Me in favor of trampling on the constitution. You have no idea what you are saying. But if talking out of your hind end gives you a "warm fuzzy" then go right ahead. If you would read my initial post, I said I would be in favor of training, having seen what an untrained person is capable of with a firearm. I never actually endorsed it, on account of you can't give the libs an inch or they try to take it a mile. Get it??
    Reading some of your post sure makes it seems like you want mandatory training and like I said I wish we didn't have the infringement known as the LTCH but you seem ok with that one too:dunno:

I am less worried about an untrained person than I am of a person who thinks they know what is best for everyone else

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Reading some of your post sure makes it seems like you want mandatory training and like I said I wish we didn't have the infringement known as the LTCH but you seem ok with that one too:dunno:

I am less worried about an untrained person than I am of a person who thinks they know what is best for everyone else

Emphasis added. The very definition of a liberal scumbag!

Uncle Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Haven

It would be nice if everyones LTCH was the 2nd Ammendment, but that is long gone and it ain't coming back any time soon. Short of the "R" word. Maybe you have never seen how stupid people can be with guns. It would be great if everyone took it upon themselves to get training but they wont. All I'm trying to say is a gun requires respect and training. Two things that not everyone who carries one gives them and I don't want to be anywhere near one of these people when they decide to pull theirs out. Would you want your family around when that happens? You may have to turn your own piece on the fool who whipped theirs out to "help" and is actually making a bad situation worse. :twocents:

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    It would be nice if everyones LTCH was the 2nd Ammendment, but that is long gone and it ain't coming back any time soon. Short of the "R" word. Maybe you have never seen how stupid people can be with guns. It would be great if everyone took it upon themselves to get training but they wont. All I'm trying to say is a gun requires respect and training. Two things that not everyone who carries one gives them and I don't want to be anywhere near one of these people when they decide to pull theirs out. Would you want your family around when that happens? You may have to turn your own piece on the fool who whipped theirs out to "help" and is actually making a bad situation worse. :twocents:
    Could you cite examples of this occurring? Is it at plague proportion levels? Are these just imaginary fears based on a small number of incidents?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy

You should take a good defensive shooting class outside of the Military. I understand that you think this is an "other people problem" and you are squared away, but you probably have gaps that you do not know about.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would actually be all for mandatory training. Of course, I can't give the liberals an inch because they will try to stretch it a mile but I think it's nuts to let anyone get a LTCH with zero training or experience at all with a gun. Have you ever seen someone who has never shot a gun before use one?? It can be quite a thing to witness. I used to watch people bounce rounds off the flight deck of the ship while we were doing qualifications at sea. When you are shooting M14s at 25 yards and you see sparks coming off the deck and holes in the knife edge it's kinda scary. A .308 will punch through but a 9mm or 00 buck will come back at you and I have seen it happen.

So yeah, just anyone carrying a weapon with no training in regards to marksmanship, safety, or deadly force, IMHO, is a terrible idea and an accident waiting to happen.

So let's see... with eight weeks of military training including three of them spent training in firearms, you still had people "qualifying" and bouncing rounds off a flight deck. I gotta tell you, you're not inspiring confidence in your training abilities when you tell me that. I'll admit freely that I don't have as much training as some and more than others, but I'll also say that when I was very active in Appleseed Project, I never saw one of our students "bouncing rounds" off anything but the backstop. This was in a class that lasted a whole two days, about eight hours each.

Training requirements are nothing more nor less than an attempt to control who has access to guns. Originally, such restrictions were focused solely on the Black community in some places and other so-called "undesirables" in other places, but training requirements exist only to allow those who judge the quality of that person's skill to be inadequate. That is to say, if the local police chief doesn't like you, you might have 3000 hrs of training and it won't be enough, but if you have two hrs and he likes you, you're good to go.

No thanks, I prefer liberty, especially considering the fact that the info you were given about IN not having such a requirement ever and still being a very safe place to be around gun owners is completely true.

Please don't insult our intelligence by making idiotic comparisons to cars and driving. As you saw, they're far too easily refuted.

OTOH, if all you're doing is trolling and trying to p*** off our members, especially if you're claiming that Gunner's Mate title falsely, (and I don't know whether you are or not, I just know it would be easy to do,) feel free to carry on... I'm sure you'll find yourself banned in short order.

Blessings,
    Bill

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You should take a good defensive shooting class outside of the Military. I understand that you think this is an "other people problem" and you are squared away, but you probably have gaps that you do not know about.

Amen to this. I'm former military, as I'm sure hundreds here are, and military training is completely different and used for different purposes than civilian training. The biggest difference between the two that I have observed is the military training is for a group of like-minded individuals working toward a common goal. This is not not not the case for civilians. Different audience, different goals, different training.

Top Bottom