Guns you’ve owned, that you’d never buy again (and why?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAMP1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Any S&W auto. Hate the trigger pull/jerk. I sold my S&W M&P Spec-Ops two months after buying it new. Then proceeded to buy the new M9A1. No regrets.
    The only S&W I like/use is the Bodyguard .380 ... no issues what so ever.

Last edited:

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    a tec 9 when they first came out my dealer talked it up as the future it was $99.00 i bought took it to the range in the back of the store i ran one mag through and never hit the target went back up front and traded it and $20.00 bucks for a star super 38 auto

:ingo: :patriot:

semper fi

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    In 1980 I bought my first pistol, a Ruger Blackhawk in .44mag. I could shoot it OK in .44 Special, but the first time I shot a .44mag round through it, I was done. The only other pistol we've owned that I wouldn't buy again is the Kel-Tec P-11. We bought it for my wife. I could shoot it OK, but she wasn't comfortable with it, so we got her a Glock 26 instead. I didn't care for the long trigger pull and the takedown seemed overly complicated to me.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I've only purchased 2 guns so far and I really dislike my Taurus PT22. I can NOT work the slide at all. Even pushing the frame while pulling the slide doesn't work. My (much bigger/stronger then me) ex and brother can't work the slide either. But I keep it so I have something for new shooters to shoot

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    Quote From Ludlow "Well I just picked up a Kel-Tec PF9 and shot it for the first time today. I am definitely questioning this decision. But I've only got a about 100 rounds through it so I'm going to give it some more time before I completely condem it." on the first page

Is your dislike of the PF-9 due to the serious recoil?

Bruno8pnk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    S&W - EV9 although a great price for a semi auto, trigger is extremely hard, could never hit the target twice.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My gun that I'd never buy again is a Traditions Tracker 209 muzzleloader. It' accuracy is ok, by the time it actually fires. Lock time is slower than the approval process for a new Gulf oil well. And since the slide is held back when it's ready to fire, the nipple is exposed to the elements, and I had a primer fall out in the woods. Oh, and when it does decide to fire, it lets out some smoke from the action that gets on the underside of the scope. It's getting sold and the proceeds going to a break action that holds the primer snug and out of the weather.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I've only purchased 2 guns so far and I really dislike my Taurus PT22. I can NOT work the slide at all. Even pushing the frame while pulling the slide doesn't work. My (much bigger/stronger then me) ex and brother can't work the slide either. But I keep it so I have something for new shooters to shoot

Not to be an a$$, but isn't it why it has a tip up barrel?
    I had one(stolen by an in-law) and I never had a complaint.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    A Ruger Vaquero in .44 Magnum. I had one back in the 90's and that thing kicked so hard it wasn't much fun to shoot. The plow handle grips are not very forgiving. I would love to have one in .45 Long Colt or .44.40 though. It was a quality firearm though!

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Other than the old MK1 in the safe I've never had much luck with Ruger revolvers or semi autos. Yea I know it's probably just me.

I've never owned Taurus that didn't need repaired in some way shape or form. I've also never bought one new that I didn't lose my arse on the resale value when I traded or sold it.

Colt has done a couple things really well. Their 1911 is hard to beat out of the box. Unfortunately, their revolvers seem to spend more time out of time than in.

Rossi, well it is what it is. Usually with a Rossi you get a cheap carbon copy of a real firearm designed and manufactured by a real manufacturer.

Smith&Wesson should stick with the thing they do really well and that's revolvers. Never had any sort of luck with their semi autos.

Like most on here I can go on and on but it really just boils down to personal preferences and experiences based on those preferences. It's like cars or anything else, every manufacturer has issues, just some more than others and we the consumer have to decide what nuances we can live with and which one's we can't.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    My mom had a rossi .38 spec that would apparently fire by itself. Scary. It did this more than once. Don't know if it was her, the gun or a ghost but I didn't want it around my house.

Just4Fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Carmel
    Stoeger Luger 22. I did not like the way the action moved up and down. Was hard to chamber the first round and very hard to clear a jammed round.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Walther G22

Walther G22. That stupid bullpup rifle is a piece of junk. The sights are on the flimsy bullpup frame rather than the rifle. There is a scope mount that is on the frame instead of the barrel. My tricked out 10/22 shoots one hole at 25 yards with me shooting it off a bench. That piece of crap shot about a 2" group at 25 yards with me shooting it off a bench. That's 8 times as big of a group as a decent rifle!

Top Bottom