• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Well season 2 of Halo just like season 1 has been a disappointment. It's like the creators and the writers of the show never ever played Halo or never read any of the books.

At least Star Wars The Bad Batch continues to be a great show..

I'm cautiously optimistic about Fallout but I'm sure Hollywood will screw it up

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well season 2 of Halo just like season 1 has been a disappointment. It's like the creators and the writers of the show never ever played Halo or never read any of the books.

At least Star Wars The Bad Batch continues to be a great show..

I'm cautiously optimistic about Fallout but I'm sure Hollywood will screw it up
    I guess I should be glad that I'm not familiar with any of the Halo games or books because I'm enjoying season 1. :): I have no frame of reference, and maybe it's better that way.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    At this point, I'm extremely cynical about adaptations being made today unless they are fan-made projects, and even then a lot of those are complete Charlie Foxtrots. I didn't need to watch any episode to guess what the reception from veteran players would be.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I am too anymore cynical about anything they adapt. It either ends up becoming a CF because they don't follow the core of the story, or they shove enough DEI in it to kill it.. look what Amazon did to that terrible Lord of the Rings show they put on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am too anymore cynical about anything they adapt. It either ends up becoming a CF because they don't follow the core of the story, or they shove enough DEI in it to kill it.. look what Amazon did to that terrible Lord of the Rings show they put on.
    Wait, what? You're not talking about the LOTR trilogy (movies) are you? Those follow the books pretty closely. Guessing it's something different since I don't recall Amazon having anything to do with those.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Wait, what? You're not talking about the LOTR trilogy (movies) are you? Those follow the books pretty closely. Guessing it's something different since I don't recall Amazon having anything to do with those.
    It's called Lord of the Rings the rings of power. Look it up on YouTube and then be prepared to laugh and puke. They've come up with their DEI version of Middle Earth.

1000007591.jpg

Clown world

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just finished season 1. Still like it, but in the last episode, it was very "game-like" in a lot of the battle scenes. Moreso than the earlier episodes I thought.

I still like it. I see you guys talking about the "game story" and I'm wondering, other than some basic background info, how could a game have a "story"? Isn't it going to be random, based on the players' strategies/successes/failures?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Just finished season 1. Still like it, but in the last episode, it was very "game-like" in a lot of the battle scenes. Moreso than the earlier episodes I thought.

I still like it. I see you guys talking about the "game story" and I'm wondering, other than some basic background info, how could a game have a "story"? Isn't it going to be random, based on the players' strategies/successes/failures?
    Quite the contrary. Halo had a specific storyline. These Rings built throughout the Galaxy by a race called the ForeRunners. And when activated has the potential to wipe out essentially the human race if used by the Covenant. If you read the books there's so much more in the backstory. For the UNSC it starts with the insurrectionists who are unhappy with UNSC rule in the outer ring planets and that was the reason the Spartans were created. And then the Covenant came and they start wiping Humanity out. There's none of this symbiotic relationship between Spartan 117 and some stupid skinny blonde haired chick that gets on her knees for the Covenant, like in the show.

It's your classic story of survival with the Covenant being a Society of multiple races and castes that are essentially religious zealots run by group of prophets who deem Humanity as a lesser race a that needs to be cleansed from the universe.

The UNSC isn't perfect but it's the only hope that Humanity has to survive. Part of the story of the Spartans as at least they've shown in the show is that they were essentially children that were taken from their families and because of their genetic makeup they were thrown into melee of basically these Gladiator schools until those that came out on top were deemed Spartan material and then sent off to genetic manipulation.

The Halo show has glossed over so much of what makes the games and the story of Halo great. There is a virus that the forerunners created that ends up taking all types of biomatter whether it's human or Covenant and turns them into What's called the flood which is basically these nasty genetically altered mutated zombies. And of course in season 2 they introduce them way too early into the story.

I had high hopes for the show and I really thought there would be more ship to ship combat more of the showing of how terrible the Covenant truly are as a race but I don't know. My jury is still out whether or not I will mess around watching season 3

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Quite the contrary. Halo had a specific storyline. These Rings built throughout the Galaxy by a race called the ForeRunners. And when activated has the potential to wipe out essentially the human race if used by the Covenant. If you read the books there's so much more in the backstory. For the UNSC it starts with the insurrectionists who are unhappy with UNSC rule in the outer ring planets and that was the reason the Spartans were created. And then the Covenant came and they start wiping Humanity out. There's none of this symbiotic relationship between Spartan 117 and some stupid skinny blonde haired chick that gets on her knees for the Covenant, like in the show.

It's your classic story of survival with the Covenant being a Society of multiple races and castes that are essentially religious zealots run by group of prophets who deem Humanity as a lesser race a that needs to be cleansed from the universe.

The UNSC isn't perfect but it's the only hope that Humanity has to survive. Part of the story of the Spartans as at least they've shown in the show is that they were essentially children that were taken from their families and because of their genetic makeup they were thrown into melee of basically these Gladiator schools until those that came out on top were deemed Spartan material and then sent off to genetic manipulation.

The Halo show has glossed over so much of what makes the games and the story of Halo great. There is a virus that the forerunners created that ends up taking all types of biomatter whether it's human or Covenant and turns them into What's called the flood which is basically these nasty genetically altered mutated zombies. And of course in season 2 they introduce them way too early into the story.

I had high hopes for the show and I really thought there would be more ship to ship combat more of the showing of how terrible the Covenant truly are as a race but I don't know. My jury is still out whether or not I will mess around watching season 3
    Wow! Well first, thanks for more of the backstory, but dang dude, spoiler alert! :faint: I'm going to try and forget that part. :lala::):

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Wow! Well first, thanks for more of the backstory, but dang dude, spoiler alert! :faint: I'm going to try and forget that part. :lala::):
    Sorry about that it just rubbed me wrong I guess I should have put it in there LOL it's at the end of the season so it's not an integral part of this season as much as it's going to be next season I would assume

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The Flood turned up way too early in relation to the huge plot changes they made. Everything that took place on the Pillar of Autumn essentially. I also feel like they made the spores way more virulent. I only even remember spores even being in the games at already established Flood hives. It also seems like they made them more zombie like(attacking to feed) vs. the original flood which were more of a biological Borg(attacking to assimilate)

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    The Flood turned up way too early in relation to the huge plot changes they made. Everything that took place on the Pillar of Autumn essentially. I also feel like they made the spores way more virulent. I only even remember spores even being in the games at already established Flood hives. It also seems like they made them more zombie like(attacking to feed) vs. the original flood which were more of a biological Borg(attacking to assimilate)
    Biological Borg is a very good analogy. The Flood are not zombies. They are a highly adaptive parasitic hivemind species that gets more intelligent the more it consumes, eventually reaching a point where they will use your own weapons, technology, strategies, and knowledge against you. As for the "Combat Forms", they would be more accurately described as puppets. Puppets that kill providing more meat for the grinder, similar to the Necro-morphs from Dead Space, however that is a tale for another time.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    See my edited post above ^^^. She's another human that was captured by the Covenant, and she can activate the artifact the same way that Master Chief 117 can. She starts out being on the side of the Covenant, then ends up helping the humans.
    Thanks. But seriously Paramount, WTF? All humans can activate Forerunner tech. The Covenant were 100% genocidal because the San-Shaiyuun were completely nuts. I don't know about the books, but nothing like that is in the games or Halo Legends, except for a story arc about Halsey at the end of Spartan Ops for Halo 4, however that was a different circumstance.

The image you posted makes it seem like she is some sort of mystic or something, which CE and 2 never really had any mystical stuff in it. The tone of CE was very serious and technical, and devoid of romance and drama. The best way I can describe the tone is like this: Imagine Russia, China, Mexico, Canada, and bunch of other countries invaded the US and were royally kicking our backside. In a desperate move, we sent out a lone nuclear submarine with the best crew and the most capable Navy Seals/ Delta Operators to capture and retrieve a secret Nazi super weapon on Antarctica. Even though they would rather stay and fight, they knew everything depended on this mission otherwise there would likely be no home to go back to. There would be no communication back home, and there was no telling what inconceivable adversities they would have to face on Antarctica. It was most certainly a suicide mission. That tone leaves little room for any of the unnecessary BS they keep trying to shove into Halo's main story over the years.

I'm glad you're enjoying the show DoggyDaddy, however this is show definitely seems more like a weird fan-fiction rather than the story that made this franchise great to begin with.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks. But seriously Paramount, WTF? All humans can activate Forerunner tech. The Covenant were 100% genocidal because the San-Shaiyuun were completely nuts. I don't know about the books, but nothing like that is in the games or Halo Legends, except for a story arc about Halsey at the end of Spartan Ops for Halo 4, however that was a different circumstance.

The image you posted makes it seem like she is some sort of mystic or something, which CE and 2 never really had any mystical stuff in it. The tone of CE was very serious and technical, and devoid of romance and drama. The best way I can describe the tone is like this: Imagine Russia, China, Mexico, Canada, and bunch of other countries invaded the US and were royally kicking our backside. In a desperate move, we sent out a lone nuclear submarine with the best crew and the most capable Navy Seals/ Delta Operators to capture and retrieve a secret Nazi super weapon on Antarctica. Even though they would rather stay and fight, they knew everything depended on this mission otherwise there would likely be no home to go back to. There would be no communication back home, and there was no telling what inconceivable adversities they would have to face on Antarctica. It was most certainly a suicide mission. That tone leaves little room for any of the unnecessary BS they keep trying to shove into Halo's main story over the years.

I'm glad you're enjoying the show DoggyDaddy, however this is show definitely seems more like a weird fan-fiction rather than the story that made this franchise great to begin with.
    Yeah, like I said, in my case having no frame of reference lets me enjoy the show as just that - a sci-fi show with a decent story line with lots of aliens and stuff being blown up. :): The interpersonal relationships are just another aspect of the story being presented, so that doesn't bother me. I might feel differently if I was a fan of the original games/books/movies like you and the other guys here.

Top Bottom