• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Last night I watched the first two episodes of Fallout. The first two episodes of Fallout was better than the first two complete seasons of the Halo show.

The Fallout series proves that if someone is faithful to the source material you can put a quality product on the screen. Halo proves that you can put two underwhelming seasons on screen when you are not faithful to the source material.

Just like when Dave Filoni took over the Star Wars animated stuff from the Clone Wars, Rebels and The Bad Batch. Quality animated Star Wars content. Because he is a Star Wars geek and he is faithful to the source material. Then you look at the last three sequels and you see what happens when you're not faithful to the source material. You get three underwhelming movies. With the exception of Rogue One.

That was quality Star Wars. So was the Mandalorian and Andor was not bad. Ahsoka was meh at times

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Last night I watched the first two episodes of Fallout. The first two episodes of Fallout was better than the first two complete seasons of the Halo show.

The Fallout series proves that if someone is faithful to the source material you can put a quality product on the screen. Halo proves that you can put two underwhelming seasons on screen when you are not faithful to the source material.

Just like when Dave Filoni took over the Star Wars animated stuff from the Clone Wars, Rebels and The Bad Batch. Quality animated Star Wars content. Because he is a Star Wars geek and he is faithful to the source material. Then you look at the last three sequels and you see what happens when you're not faithful to the source material. You get three underwhelming movies. With the exception of Rogue One.

That was quality Star Wars. So was the Mandalorian and Andor was not bad. Ahsoka was meh at times
    Where does one watch Fallout?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    View attachment 346664

Now I don't know if that means you can watch Fallout or not. You might be able to but it also might have ads if you're not a prime member. But don't hold me to that
    I can live with commercials. The cheap version of Paramount+ that I have has commercials. I might look into the fire stick. Does it just plug into one of the tv's HDMI inputs?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I can live with commercials. The cheap version of Paramount+ that I have has commercials. I might look into the fire stick. Does it just plug into one of the tv's HDMI inputs?
    Yup... I don't know about the new Fire Sticks because all of our TVs are streaming capable so we don't have any more Fire Sticks but if you can plug it into your Wi-Fi router or somehow with a ethernet cable, it's a bit more stable than streaming it wirelessly. Unless you're really close to your router.

The problem for us was the fire stick receiving ability was a bit weak so it did not want to stream very well because our house is older and it has the aluminum backed insulation in the walls. That screws with the signal if it's not closer to the Wi-Fi router or wired in

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just signed up to Paramount Plus and this is on my list to watch. I know nothing about the game and did not even know there was a book. So with that being said I hope to like it.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wait, what? You're not talking about the LOTR trilogy (movies) are you? Those follow the books pretty closely. Guessing it's something different since I don't recall Amazon having anything to do with those.

I loved Peter Jacksons LOTR films. I thought they were amazing.

I do not follow the books or canon, and I do not take following anything to closely that seriously, so I actually enjoyed the Amazon LOTR series. It had a couple episodes early on which where a bit slow but by the end it, was really good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I loved Peter Jacksons LOTR films. I thought they were amazing.

I do not follow the books or canon, and I do not take following anything to closely that seriously, so I actually enjoyed the Amazon LOTR series. It had a couple episodes early on which where a bit slow but by the end it, was really good.
    Ah, okay. I didn't know anything about the Amazon version.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    View attachment 346664

Now I don't know if that means you can watch Fallout or not. You might be able to but it also might have ads if you're not a prime member. But don't hold me to that
    I don't think you get free Prime with a fire stick. It's just that you don't have to have prime to use it as you can install other streaming apps on it, and there is some free content, etc. It's been a minute since I bought mine and we have prime so I could be wrong, but that's my understanding on Prime and fire stick.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I don't think you get free Prime with a fire stick. It's just that you don't have to have prime to use it as you can install other streaming apps on it, and there is some free content, etc. It's been a minute since I bought mine and we have prime so I could be wrong, but that's my understanding on Prime and fire stick.

I think you're probably right however if you were to buy jailbroke fire stick.....

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I see one of the fire sticks comes with Alexa voice control. That'd be a deal breaker for me.
    Everything comes with voice control nowadays, unfortunately.
    It’s just a button on the remote that you have to push and just say your search terms.

I have the fire stick 4K, which I guess is the highest option unit. I have no trouble receiving Wi-Fi signals anywhere with it.

Top Bottom