• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Horning was an empty suit. I remember him checking in here several times and I asked him sincere questions, looking for a real alternative...but got nothing. He's pretty good at pontificating on what the Ds and the Rs do wrong in his opinion but he had nothing but a 'no' vote to offer.

He only came here to campaign; he had no interest in INGO as a site or an idea. You are right that he had no ideas other than 'those guys bad, me good' I had to stop 'talking' with him as it was way too frustrating. My one and only infraction.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I just saw an interesting interview on Fox. A very intelligent woman (pro gun) suggested that maybe there could be a compromise on "bump stocks". That being, if the D's would vote for the HPA, then maybe the R's could see their way to vote against bump stocks. The male (anti-gunner) at first sounded reasonable and at the last second interjected that the LV killer had 1,600 rounds of ammunition. He said, "Nobody needs that much ammunition!" We must constantly be aware that the antis are not reasonable and will always push to restrict our rights more and more until they reach their goal.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That we have NY Joe as a politician in our state at all can be argued as a result of the LP in the 2nd Cong. Dist. Joe D knew he had the loyal D votes so he ended the contest by having his campaign staff work for the Libertarian candidate. Door to door, fliers, targeting R voters to pull as many votes away as possible. He refused to debate unless the L was on stage too. Walorski made no gaffs, isn't a RW 'nut job' and lost by the L margin; she has since won the district handily. NY Joe is a crafty one, keep an eye on what he does in the next campaign.

No. Walorski lost by 2500 votes. Nearly 9500 people voted for the Libertarian candidate. What I find most amusing about this is that you think somehow that the GOP owns Libertarian votes.

Here's a tip, if the Republican party wants to gain Libertarian votes, they could start by, you know, actually following the Constitution and keep their noses out everyone's personal business.

As Paul Ryan just showed with the Share Act, Republicans don't really support 2nd Amendment rights. They only vote that way when it's easy and mouth platitudes to keep the party faithful in line. If they really had the conviction of their words, they would be pushing ahead with the Share Act, regardless of what some nut job did in Vegas... particularly since what he did had literally nothing in the world to due with suppressors.

Don't forget that good old Saint Reagan was the one that put the Hughes Amendment into law and that Daddy Bush was in charge when the ATF started banning imports using that complete BS "sporting purposes" nonsense.

But yes, Republicans sure support the 2nd Amendment. :rolleyes:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There is no "compromise" with them. All they do is take. That's all we hear from the left is "compromise" "common sense" etc. When was the last time they offered to restore some of the rights they have stolen from us over the years? Their version of compromise is "we're going to take something away then we'll leave you alone for a while, until we want something else".

Not one more inch.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    There is no "compromise" with them. All they do is take. That's all we hear from the left is "compromise" "common sense" etc. When was the last time they offered to restore some of the rights they have stolen from us over the years? Their version of compromise is "we're going to take something away then we'll leave you alone for a while, until we want something else".

Not one more inch.

I have to agree with this. This has been going on for years, but we as a people just don't seem to get it or care.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    A lot of times, they just don't understand. To most people, that DOES sound like a crap ton of ammo. This site is an echo chamber, and people here a lot of times don't see this stuff through other peoples eyes. Concentrate on not tearing down people, that just pushes them away and makes you look like a crazy gun person. Concentrate on being nice to them and gently explaining things.

at first sounded reasonable and at the last second interjected that the LV killer had 1,600 rounds of ammunition. He said, "Nobody needs that much ammunition!"

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    A lot of times, they just don't understand. To most people, that DOES sound like a crap ton of ammo. This site is an echo chamber, and people here a lot of times don't see this stuff through other peoples eyes. Concentrate on not tearing down people, that just pushes them away and makes you look like a crazy gun person. Concentrate on being nice to them and gently explaining things.

Agreed, this has been my approach for several years. I typically don't get very many people asking me questions, but when I do, I do my best not to come off as a "gun nut". Really have never liked that term anyway.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't think I'm perceived as a "crazy gun person". That sounds way too much like Obama's comment: [FONT=&amp]"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." [/FONT]My point in this was that initially the anti-gun person in the interview spoke of only bump stocks, but finally he also had to add in the ammo statement. In other words, he wouldn't be satisfied with eliminating bump stocks, as he initially insinuated. Anti-gunners will always want more and more restrictions. It isn't about compromise, it's all one sided.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yet, we still have an anti-gun liberal Joe Donnelly as half of our United States Senate representation. How much different would our country be with minus one liberal anti-gun dem and plus one conservative rep?

Might we already have had the Hearing Protection Act passed before the recent tragedy that may well have nixed it forever? What other legislation might have been passed in a Senate essentially two votes stronger?

People can make all the excuses they want. The votes that were made allowed this to happen. Happy now???

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yet, we still have an anti-gun liberal Joe Donnelly as half of our United States Senate representation. How much different would our country be with minus one liberal anti-gun dem and plus one conservative rep?

Might we already have had the Hearing Protection Act passed before the recent tragedy that may well have nixed it forever? What other legislation might have been passed in a Senate essentially two votes stronger?

People can make all the excuses they want. The votes that were made allowed this to happen. Happy now???
    How would another R Senator have gotten the House to vote on this?

I don't know if one more vote would even have helped with any of the healthcare bills. I don't know that they even got to 49 on one of them. Can you name one piece of legislation that passed the house and failed in the Senate because it only had 49 votes?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You're even assuming all Libertarian voters would have voted R.....

The Republican party has nobody to blame but themselves. They're blowing it. I hope more R's jump ship after this BS.

I hate to burst your bubble, but even if Mourdock had received every vote that Horning did, he still would have lost.

PartyDemocraticRepublicanLibertarian
    Popular vote1,281,1811,133,621145,282
    Percentage50.0%44.3%5.7%

1,133,621+145,282= 1,278,903

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    received a response from my email to Rep. Bucshon today

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act (H.R. 3668). As your Congressman, it is beneficial for me to hear your thoughts on this issue.

As you know, the SHARE Act was introduced by Representative Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on September 01, 2017. This legislation would ensure that federal public land management officials facilitate hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting on appropriate federal public lands. This legislation would also regulate the legal possession of hunting firearms on appropriate federal public lands. Additionally, the bill includes provisions from the Hearing Protection Act, which would remove suppressors from regulation under the National Firearms Act and as a result replace the current federal transfer process with a National Instant Criminal Background Check, and provisions from the Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act, which would eliminate the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives authority to reclassify popular rifle ammunition as "armor piercing." H.R. 3668 was favorably reported out of the House Natural Resources Committee, and now awaits consideration by the full House of Representatives.

I am a proud supporter of Hoosiers' 2nd Amendment rights, and support efforts, like the SHARE Act, to ensure that the federal government is not unnecessarily restricting Hoosiers ability to exercise this constitutional right. I do not believe overly restrictive gun control is a solution to this country's violent crime issues. Time and again, increasingly strict gun control laws have failed to address the root cause of violent crimes in the United States today. Instead of creating new more restrictive gun control laws, Congress should help state and local law enforcement more consistently and efficiently enforce the laws currently in place.

As I continue my work on your behalf, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this issue or any time you have an issue of concern before Congress. I encourage you to visit my website at bucshon.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter to receive updates from Washington. Also, please take time to fill out my survey regarding important current issues before Congress by selecting this link: Survey. It is an honor to serve you and the people of the 8th District of Indiana.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    received a response from my email to Rep. Bucshon today

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act (H.R. 3668). As your Congressman, it is beneficial for me to hear your thoughts on this issue.

As you know, the SHARE Act was introduced by Representative Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on September 01, 2017. This legislation would ensure that federal public land management officials facilitate hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting on appropriate federal public lands. This legislation would also regulate the legal possession of hunting firearms on appropriate federal public lands. Additionally, the bill includes provisions from the Hearing Protection Act, which would remove suppressors from regulation under the National Firearms Act and as a result replace the current federal transfer process with a National Instant Criminal Background Check, and provisions from the Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act, which would eliminate the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives authority to reclassify popular rifle ammunition as "armor piercing." H.R. 3668 was favorably reported out of the House Natural Resources Committee, and now awaits consideration by the full House of Representatives.

I am a proud supporter of Hoosiers' 2nd Amendment rights, and support efforts, like the SHARE Act, to ensure that the federal government is not unnecessarily restricting Hoosiers ability to exercise this constitutional right. I do not believe overly restrictive gun control is a solution to this country's violent crime issues. Time and again, increasingly strict gun control laws have failed to address the root cause of violent crimes in the United States today. Instead of creating new more restrictive gun control laws, Congress should help state and local law enforcement more consistently and efficiently enforce the laws currently in place.

As I continue my work on your behalf, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this issue or any time you have an issue of concern before Congress. I encourage you to visit my website at bucshon.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter to receive updates from Washington. Also, please take time to fill out my survey regarding important current issues before Congress by selecting this link: Survey. It is an honor to serve you and the people of the 8th District of Indiana.

Ditto, received at 14:51 this afternoon.

Top Bottom