• Status
    Not open for further replies.

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm located inbetween Indianapolis and Ft Wayne. I'm here to learn what I can. I enjoy shooting targets and have some different types of guns to practice with. I like to continue learning about guns and how and when to properly shoot. I occastionaly take classes to learn more about home defense and laws. Over the years I've had a few crimal activities happen to me. Now as a 62 year old female... I wonder why I did not take up this hobby sooner! Not really interested in hunting since I don't eat much meat.. but I can appriciate those who do. So like I said I like knowing I can hit a target. In the future I would like to be able to have a rifle that can take longer shots and learn about how to adjust for them. Oh and my nickname is K9 just becasue I love dogs.:wavey:

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    :welcome: from Elkhart County, hope you enjoy the forum
    if you dabble in the Political threads it can get rowdy, just don't let it get personal, the mods frown on that. There is plenty of information to be had here on just about any topic, and if not, just start your own thread.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Outstanding introduction.
    We usually tease those who only say, "Hello, I'm only here to buy/sell/trade a gun, and your unfair site rules won't let me. Change them for my convenience..."

Believe it or not, it happens a lot here.
    You are very welcome.
    We could use more of a female presence and perspective.

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    Welcome! Lots to learn here - also lots of opportunities to help others less experienced than yourself. Enjoy!
    Oh I still have much to learn. But I do like to help people ... especailly women who are new so that they are not intimidated by a gun they might have purchased for protection. Most of the time women will not buy a gun until they have already been a victim of something. Even they they feel safe having it in reach a night. But it will not do them any good if they don't know how to properly use it. You don't have to hit that tiny dot on a target but practice weekly to build muscle memory to draw and fire within the size of a chest ... but you should know how to safely use it and also even better know what to do if you get a jam or stove pipe and how to quickly handle it or even better know how to prevent some of these things. How to load it... how to clean it. If they do not like semi auto and consider a revolver how heavy is the trigger. Also can a lighter trigger be installed. The best gun I had for learning was the worse gun I ever owned. It was notorius for jamming. But that gun taught me how to immedialy get it unjamed and continue to shoot. It is great to take classes and learn one on one. But practice practice practice until you are really comfortable and confident. And don't just go to a guy who says he can teach you because he thinks he knows how... but someone who is certified and can truely teach well. Most stilled teachers are very accomidating to women and want them to learn and feel comfortable. They are not intimidating. And if you as a women ever walk into a gun store and they act like you are in idot. Walk back out.. there are better placess to purchase from that will help you pick something that works for you. Sorry but not really sorry.... as you can see I am very passionate about women learning safety and being comfortable and able to carry out the task if ever needed. Otherwise the weopon they own can and will be probably be used against them. I know a range in Kokomo that offers a free range day to women weekly. The workers thrtr are great and it is a wonderful way to watch and help each other imporve their skills

Reactions: KG1

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    Outstanding introduction.
    We usually tease those who only say, "Hello, I'm only here to buy/sell/trade a gun, and your unfair site rules won't let me. Change them for my convenience..."

Believe it or not, it happens a lot here.
    You are very welcome.
    We could use more of a female presence and perspective.
    Oh I'm always on the search for something unique or strikes my interest. Right now I am am trying to learn more about what I might like for long range. So I'm really hear to do more learning than selling and trading. Actually kind of really like the differnent ones I currently have so don't think I'll be trading any. Very hopeful to learn!

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    :welcome: from Elkhart County, hope you enjoy the forum
    if you dabble in the Political threads it can get rowdy, just don't let it get personal, the mods frown on that. There is plenty of information to be had here on just about any topic, and if not, just start your own thread.
    I do like learning about new bills and politics.... but I usually just keep my voice to myself. Thank you for your kind welcome

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom