• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    O.P. - The latest competition gun (Shadow 2) is supposed to start shipping to the US sometime in the next 4 weeks. Word is 2000-3000 of them in the first batch. They are sweet by all reports, so that is one option, another is that you will likely see a lot of Shadow 1's and similar up for sale used.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Some people are immune. :dunno:

:) Yeah, I am just not the KoolAid drinking kind of person. I started doing CrossFit about 6 months ago and though crossfitter's seem to be KoolAid drinkers too, I haven't got to that point.

I guess I see value in difference. Maybe I'm noncommittal. Or maybe I'm ADD.:dunno:

I owned a striker fired full size pistol and couldn't warm up to the trigger even after doing the full Apex treatment. I like it okay in my Shield which is my carry pistol but other than that I'm used to 1911 triggers.

I am only considering the PPQ because the trigger is so nice out of the box and it isn't a DA/SA platform. I have a DA/SA pistol and haven't fired the first shot out of it. I don't get much opportunity to shoot and I don't want to try to learn how to be fast, accurate and proficient with it. If I don't sell it this Spring, I may shoot it enough to become familiar with it, add a light and use it as a bedside gun. In that case I think the DA/SA system would be good.

I am not even sure which CZ I would want given the myriad of models they have. I would probably look at the Shadow Target.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :) Yeah, I am just not the KoolAid drinking kind of person. I started doing CrossFit about 6 months ago and though crossfitter's seem to be KoolAid drinkers too, I haven't got to that point.

I guess I see value in difference. Maybe I'm noncommittal. Or maybe I'm ADD.:dunno:

I owned a striker fired full size pistol and couldn't warm up to the trigger even after doing the full Apex treatment. I like it okay in my Shield which is my carry pistol but other than that I'm used to 1911 triggers.

I am only considering the PPQ because the trigger is so nice out of the box and it isn't a DA/SA platform. I have a DA/SA pistol and haven't fired the first shot out of it. I don't get much opportunity to shoot and I don't want to try to learn how to be fast, accurate and proficient with it. If I don't sell it this Spring, I may shoot it enough to become familiar with it, add a light and use it as a bedside gun. In that case I think the DA/SA system would be good.

I am not even sure which CZ I would want given the myriad of models they have. I would probably look at the Shadow Target.

There's a nice one in the classifieds with several magazines. :yesway:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The CZ thread is intimidating...Sorta like showing up at the bar at halftime in a new town with a jersey on of a team that isn't playing...or something like that...

FWIW, you don't really have to spend $1000 getting one with all the bells and whistles like these guys do. I have a surplus 75B and a used P07 that I paid $350 each for and am very happy with both of them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    FWIW, you don't really have to spend $1000 getting one with all the bells and whistles like these guys do. I have a surplus 75B and a used P07 that I paid $350 each for and am very happy with both of them.

CZ triggers get smoother the more you shoot them. Therefore the surplus CZ's are often well broken in and have very nice triggers. Even so, they still benefit from having CGW parts installed. I had a friend of mine, forum member IndyGlockMan, who got a surplus 75 Compact. It was very nice, but after he had CGW parts installed, it was even better. Since he only paid around $300 for the gun, the parts and sights he installed were still well under $1k total and he ended up with a very sweet gun. For those who don't want to take a chance on surplus, you can get a similar experience buying a lightly used or new CZ and having new sights and cajun parts installed to get a phenomenal gun. You can also watch the classifieds and jump on fully pimped out guns when they go on sale. That's how I got my 75 compact that is the pride of my collection.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Why do you prefer the surplus over a new?

CZs get better the more rounds that are through them. The surplus guns that come from Israel have thousands of rounds through them. When you upgrade them they are incredible. When you upgrade a new gun it still isn't everything that it is going to be.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    CZs get better the more rounds that are through them. The surplus guns that come from Israel have thousands of rounds through them. When you upgrade them they are incredible. When you upgrade a new gun it still isn't everything that it is going to be.

Makes sense. Thanks. Where do you find them?

Top Bottom