• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My first CZ was a 75B Compact. It's now got over 4000 rounds through it and over time, was completely Cajunized. I don't know that I'll ever sell it, but at the moment, it is down at my son's house on long term loan. I really need to bring it home and send my P07 down to fill its role. I miss that little gun. This is it after a new set of grips:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My first was a CZ 75B and that started me on the CZickness. Gun is completely stock except for TruGlo TFX sights. Sill have it and plan to keep it stock, at least for now. It's a good gun for new shooters.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    My vote would be for a CZ 75 Single-Action (you mentioned 1911 and trigger)

There is a basic version ($650) and a customized version ($850) and beyond
    Look at CZCustom website and Oak Hill Guns for availability.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't remember my first several CZs as they were forgettable. I do remember my first Cajunized CZ as she still lives here. She was the beginning. I don't think I am overstating it to say that you can trace most, if not all, of the central Indiana CZ madness to her. She is the reason I am insane. She is the reason the Wizard is the Wizard. It's actually kind of funny because she is the reason I keep buying CZs and yet I know I will never have a better gun than the very first one. ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My vote would be for a CZ 75 Single-Action (you mentioned 1911 and trigger)

There is a basic version ($650) and a customized version ($850) and beyond
    Look at CZCustom website and Oak Hill Guns for availability.

Yep; that's going to be my first. Given my use (range and target); SAO makes the most sense. Don't need a rail and it won't be a carry gun. Heading to my LGS today and see about availability with them.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yep; that's going to be my first. Given my use (range and target); SAO makes the most sense. Don't need a rail and it won't be a carry gun. Heading to my LGS today and see about availability with them.
    Good luck! You'd be better off buying a standard used 75b and modifying it to SAO than to find one or find someone around here willing to find one for you...

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Good luck! You'd be better off buying a standard used 75b and modifying it to SAO than to find one or find someone around here willing to find one for you...

Well...crap...this is complicated...a quick google shopping shows nothing available in the SAO model. Maybe its back to the SP-01...Haven't had a chance to stop into Wrigley and check out that 97 (as I know I'll leave with it as its a 45....).

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When I was in ZX last week picking up my SP01c, the guy there said they were expecting a handful of CZs by the end of the week. They only had the plastic offerings there. Might be worth a stop or call to see what they have. SP01's are a LOT of fun, I have the new compact model, but will add a full size at some point.

Top Bottom