• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Hey guys, i am looking for a nice, light, small 9mm to carry. I currently carry an LCP and love it, but i am looking for something with a little more stopping power, and cheaper ammo. I have tried a friend of mine's LC9, and loved it. But i am not fond of the lack of an external hammer. I am a smaller frame guy, with smallish hands, so glocks and sigs just dont fit me. Any suggestions of what to try out and take a look at? i'm hoping to make a decision before the next 1500 so i can try to find one for a good price. thanks!
    You currently carry a gun with no hammer. Virtually any 9mm with a hammer will be "traditional" DAO. Are you familiar with that mode of operation. I don't care for striker fired guns, but pretty much all the single stack 9mm's are built that way. The LC9 has a safety, if that's your issue. I carry a Nano or a G26.

Last edited:

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    You currently carry a gun with no hammer. Virtually any 9mm with a hammer will be "traditional" DAO. Are you familiar with that mode of operation. I don't care for striker fired guns, but pretty much all the single stack 9mm's are built that way. The LC9 has a safety, if that's your issue. I carry a Nano or a G26.

I know. and i love my LCP, but i just wanted to see if there was a similar handgun with an external hammer. it is the only aspect of the LC9 that does not meet exactly what i am looking for. As I said, if i cannot find something similar with an external hammer, I will be buying an LC9 without a second thought. though I am going to have to try out the Nano.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I just picked up a Kahr CM9 for this purpose. I've only shot it once and was pleased, although I'm still getting used to the longer trigger pull. However, the trigger is much better than my LCP.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I have my eye on a XD subcompact because it comes with two mags. A shorter mag for carry and if you wanna go shooting a longer mag to hold more rounds and also extends the grip to a full size grip on a compact frame.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    Magazines are a big expense for these little guns. $30-$40 each. Ruger LC9 holds 7, Kahr CM9 holds 6, and Nano holds 6. Ruger and CM9 you get 1 mag with gun, Nano you get 2. CM9 has mag options of 7 and 8 rds.. Nano as yet has no mags with extra rds. Butt: Nano is supposedly built on .40 frame, and it is a "modular" gun with options to be in the works, like barrels for cal change. I would like to see a 7 rd. 9mm mag.. I found that a +0 LC9 "PINKY" "(hate that word) extension fits the Nano perfectly. Nano is pretty short without it. Nano requires no "break in" period.

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    A 9mm to carry

I carry a Ruger SR9c IWB and it is excellent. Very nice trigger, accurate, dependable. Give it a look.

At times I also carry a Bersa Thunder .380

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Im a huge fan of the sig P250. You can not only change the caliber with a simple slide change, but you can also get a smaller frame to fit your hands better.

How do you like the trigger on the 250? I've thought about trying one but have read mixed reviews on the trigger.

Top Bottom