• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Owned both, and I'll throw in my two cents.

The PPS is thin. REAL thin. It disappears when you're carrying it. I liked that. The fingerswells were a little tight for my fat fingers, and I found my middle finger being smashed into the mag release/trigger guard. It was a little hard to hold onto at first, but a Hogue Handall Jr. took care of that.

The Shield is much easier to hold on to, and it has a smooth front strap. No smashed fingers. The trigger is not as crisp as the PPS, but it's still quite nice for a $400 pistol. It's only nominally wider than the PPS, and conceals fairly easily.

Both guns are incredibly accurate, and reliable. I haven't had any operation issues with either gun. The only reason I sold my PPS was because it was a .40, and I'm a 9mm guy. At least I am until my XDs comes home. :D

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    PPS gets my vote. I like the trigger better (as someone mentioned, it is more glock like)...the Shield's trigger is an improvement, but still nothing to write home about. I also like the mag release and accuracy of the PPS.

PPS also has 6, 7, and 8rd mags. To whoever it was who said the Shield holds one more, you're wrong.

Flush mag compared to flush mag, the Shield holds one more round. Flush mag on the Shield holds 7, extended holds 8. On the PPS the flush only holds 6, then you can get 2 versions of the extended that hold 7 or 8.

Basically when you compare grip length 1:1, you get one more round with the Shield. Hope this clarifies.

Guns are almost identical other than that in terms of dimensions.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I wish the shield didn't have the external safety. That's the main reason I'd go with the pps over the shield

It's there, but I can tell you it is probably the lowest profile external safety I have ever seen and certainly one you can just leave off and it will not come on by accident. I have been carrying my Shield for a while now and have never had the safety switch on in my holster.

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    The mag release on the Shield is a lot better and the grip and trigger is just better

That would be your opinion. I bought the pps and think the trigger and mag release (ambi) are better on the pps . Different strokes for different folks. I would suggest handling both yourself to confirm.

Top Bottom