• T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Uh.... I'll just put this here.

PortageLife.com | Five New Troopers Hit the Road at Lowell

August 19, 2014

Indiana has 46 new troopers assigned to state police districts throughout the state now patrolling the roads. Members of the 73rd Indiana State Police Recruit School that graduated on May 1st, 2014 received their patrol cars today at the Indiana State Police Youth Education and Historical Center, located at the Indiana State Police Indianapolis District....

Probationary Trooper Paul Arnold, 31 a native of Lake Station and a graduate of River Forest High School. Following high school, Arnold attended Wabash College in Crawfordsville where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts. Arnold was a Porter County Sheriff’s Deputy for three years. He will be working Zone 5 which includes southern Lake, Jasper and Newton Counties. Arnold resides in Porter County with his wife.

New trooper, with newly minted patrol car, scanning plates in a parking lot, citing an ostensibly PYT? Kirk, you may want to take this one pro bono for the opportunity to depose the guy.

To call back to another point upthread, I'm pretty sure they only give fully marked vehicles to probationary officers. If dude saw her driving, unless he was in his personal vehicle, he could have cited her.

ETA:
    Oh... and ... uh... well...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/04/27/after-crashing-five-times-indiana-sheriffs-officer-loses-job/

A northwest Indiana sheriff’s officer, who has been involved in five work-related crashes in three years, is out of a job.Officer Paul Arnold’s last accident was in September when he flipped his car on Interstate 65 while on his way to a driving class.

The Porter County Merit board agreed unanimously that Arnold violated department rules and exhibited unsatisfactory performance. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/04...ve-times-indiana-sheriffs-officer-loses-job/#

Arnold was sworn in as an officer in May 2009 and has been involved in five accidents since then.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That phrase you use hurts me when said aloud.

It hurt me just reading it directed at someone else.

I appreciate playing the junior defense attorney game by everyone (real defense attorneys excepted), but in this arena, for me there is no principle at issue and you simply have to decide what makes dollars and cents...sense. She can get a lawyer if she wishes, but if it were me with a clean driving record, I'd get up to date, pay and be done with it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Only INGO can produce 10 pages of legal arguments based entirely on hearsay. My doubts and questions about the situation could create another 10

Look, you know here at the INGOtarian Supreme Court we sentence and then proceed to trial and hearsay is allowed at sentencing.

alice-with-queen-of-hearts.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh, and do we all understand that there have been instances of police waiting out in the parking lot to see who drives to dispute their "driving while suspended" charge?

...and how did we know that this alleged stalker...whose name has now been posted publicly (I'm glad I didn't accuse him of anything), did not see her drive? He did her a solid with the warning, now he's the bad guy for writing the citation when she continued to ignore the situation?

Through the looking glass.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Who here voluntarily gave this information? We were told we had to if we wanted to be able to drive our personal vehicles on the kings roads and travel freely.

You have the choice to not drive, or to drive only rental cars. No one said it was an easy option, nor an inexpensive one, but it IS an option.

My employer has policies regarding uniform and dress code. I am not forced to work there; were they to change the dress code to require a pink shirt and matching tutu, I would have to choose to wear it or work elsewhere. True?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You have the choice to not drive, or to drive only rental cars. No one said it was an easy option, nor an inexpensive one, but it IS an option.

My employer has policies regarding uniform and dress code. I am not forced to work there; were they to change the dress code to require a pink shirt and matching tutu, I would have to choose to wear it or work elsewhere. True?

:postpics:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Oh, and do we all understand that there have been instances of police waiting out in the parking lot to see who drives to dispute their "driving while suspended" charge?

...and how did we know that this alleged stalker...whose name has now been posted publicly (I'm glad I didn't accuse him of anything), did not see her drive? He did her a solid with the warning, now he's the bad guy for writing the citation when she continued to ignore the situation?

Through the looking glass.

"ain't nobody got time for logic"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I appreciate playing the junior defense attorney game by everyone (real defense attorneys excepted), but in this arena, for me there is no principle at issue and you simply have to decide what makes dollars and cents...sense. She can get a lawyer if she wishes, but if it were me with a clean driving record, I'd get up to date, pay and be done with it.

Perhaps, but there is a lot that can go wrong quickly with your DL that is why it is within her best interests to speak to an attorney PDQ.

Top Bottom