• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Not positive about that, been long ago. I do remember him being very nice and answering all the questions we had, as well as not having a problem letting us fondle a lot of different guns. That's the kind of service that would bring repeat customers, however the owners attitude is what made me not go back.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Oldpink and I ran up to Ludco today. Had a great time, and it was great to meet him. Had a good talk with Fred. Oldpink got himself some cast bullets, and bought me a bottle of Kroil, which was very nice. Afterwards it was off to the Chocolate Moose in Farmland, where he had the tenderloin sandwich, and I had the big pig. Got some jerky off him in the process, which I'm pretty excited about. It was a good time, and I'm looking forward to a repeat. Maybe we can drag another local INGOer along next time.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well, I met Woobie at Ludco this afternoon, and he's a more or less okay guy. :stickpoke:
    But seriously...he's right, and I can personally vouch that there were plenty of reloading components, with a shelf full of rifle and handgun/shotgun powders, with a wide selection.
    I'm just kicking myself for having forgotten my camera, as I had intended to take photos and post them so that people could see what is in there, but some of the powders he has include H4831SC, H4350, BLC-2, W231, W296, CFE223, IMR4895, and at least two dozen other different powders that I can't even remember.
    He also has several thousand cast bullets in .357, .45, and .50 caliber (I bought one box each of the first two calibers), as well as some jacketed bullets, and several cases of primers of various sizes.
    If you're a reloader in the east central part of Indiana, it would certainly be worth your while to check out, especially the powder and primers, so you can avoid having to pay the hazmat fee for those.
    Also, I honestly have to say that Fred was very sociable, even candid about what had happened with the raid on his store two years ago.
    We chatted with Fred for quite some time, and we would have stayed longer but hunger called for getting sandwiches at the Moose.
    I'll definitely be back, and that time I'll spend much more time looking at what else he has, so all the naysayers turned off from earlier experiences might just want to give it a second look, at least those who like fishing tackle or reloading components.
    Check it out.

Edit: You beat me!

Top Bottom