• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    All beef dog, grilled until it starts to blacken, toasted bun, top with any combination of mustard, grilled onions, and dill (NOT sweet) relish.

If you're over 6 years old, ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination against nature.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    All beef dog, grilled until it starts to blacken, toasted bun, top with any combination of mustard, grilled onions, and dill (NOT sweet) relish.

If you're over 6 years old, ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination against nature.

Clearly, you hate freedom and the state of Indiana. I won't submit to your tyrannical views of how to enjoy a hot dog. As a free man I will continue to support local business by buying Red Gold KETCHUP and slathering that goodness all over my hot dogs, meatloaf, and french fries. :patriot:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Do not recommend this.. When I was in the Dominican republic they deep fried them and serve them with spaghetti with ketchup.. Their idea of American food.
    Love some of the ideas on roasting hotdogs. Campfire and cooked until a little blackened.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    When I was in the Dominican republic they deep fried them and serve them with spaghetti with ketchup.. Their idea of American food.

Well, if you are diverting away from the classic hotdog on a bun, you are opening up a whole new area. Been a long time, but I used to really like baked beans with onions and hotdog chunks.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Let us ask Clint about ketchup on hotdogs.

[video=youtube;ZpZ_fakwSwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZ_fakwSwc[/video]

If a bun is not available, a slice of bread will do as long as you are only using a small amount of condiments. :stickpoke:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We usually boil them. Then I put mustard and pickle relish on it, buns if we have them, otherwise a slice of bread.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Well, if you are diverting away from the classic hotdog on a bun, you are opening up a whole new area. Been a long time, but I used to really like baked beans with onions and hotdog chunks.

Yum..^ beenie weenies ala-Ingo! Just add a dash of cayenne pepper and gun powder

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Grill is my preferred but I don't always have time and I tend to burn them trying to get that plump and juicy but crispy skinned perfection.

Boil is usual as it is quick consistent and the hot water keeps them hot while I eat the first few.

Microwave when I'm in a hurry or after slicing when making mac and cheese and hotdogs.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sylvain,
    Grilling or campfire roasting is best. (Hold the dog NEXT to a hot spot of coals. NOT actually in the fire.) But most of the other ways are good, too. Ketchup is ok, but mustard is better. Both together is good. There's almost no way to mess it up.

Top Bottom