• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    The general consensus seems to be they are heavy, ugly, and somewhat awkward, but despite all of that they tend to work. At that price range, nothing else can really touch it. Heard good stories about their customer service. I have personally shot a couple of them that a couple buddies picked up, and they did their job and seemed accurate enough. Having said that, they're a pain/not worth taking down and I just don't like the looks or balance of them. Your prices seem a bit high, but maybe they've gone up since I have last seen them.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Save up some money and get something nicer. My BIL got one against my warning and within a couple of months he had to take a bath on it trading his in against something nicer.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They go bang. The slide is pot metal and will eventually deform where the rounds come out of the mag, but they will fix it no questions asked, even if it is used.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    After talking to a few friends, I will probably get something else.

Do your friends own one? Most people that dog on Hi-Points are just repeating what they've heard others say.

My $100 C9 has been flawless and it easy to shoot. They are great value at $150.

That being said, I bought it as a lark and it isn't my only gun.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Is it your first gun? or handgun? I have one, it was my first gun, and I still have it. It's fun to shoot, and its cheap, and if something happens, they will fix it for free...no questions asked. If you can get one for under $150 or so, go for it, buy a ton of cheap 9mm, and go have fun with your buddies. If you're wanting something really fancy and nice, save up. But if you're wanting a plinker, fun, cheap gun, and maybe something cheap too have as a backup, camp gun, etc, id recommend it. I have a Glock, Ruger .44 mag, and others, but i still keep my hi-point. I ran a few mags thru it the other day actually.

ALSO...if you ever send it to Hi Pint for anything, it will come back with another FREE magazine! And they're made in Ohio by Beemiller.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is it your first gun? or handgun? I have one, it was my first gun, and I still have it. It's fun to shoot, and its cheap, and if something happens, they will fix it for free...no questions asked. If you can get one for under $150 or so, go for it, buy a ton of cheap 9mm, and go have fun with your buddies. If you're wanting something really fancy and nice, save up. But if you're wanting a plinker, fun, cheap gun, and maybe something cheap too have as a backup, camp gun, etc, id recommend it. I have a Glock, Ruger .44 mag, and others, but i still keep my hi-point. I ran a few mags thru it the other day actually.

ALSO...if you ever send it to Hi Pint for anything, it will come back with another FREE magazine! And they're made in Ohio by Beemiller.

The one I sent in needed a slide and because of that, the frame was cracked. I got back basically a new gun with an extra mag. Great customer service.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I had no problems with the one I had at one time. It was ugly, big, and bulky but it shot just fine and for myself it was right on target and easy for me to aim. Just don't disassemble the slide off the frame to clean or you will have problems. Just lock the slide back and clean. I have had more problems with a Tauras then with the High Point I had. For 150.00 you can't beat the price if you want to get a gun right away. But if you can wait for until you get $300.00 you can get a ruger which is a very good gun for a lower midrange price.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    The Do Work

Are they good? Should I avoid it? Went to a few shops today and seen it for 170 brand new or 130 used at another shop.

They work, there cheap, great warranty. For plinking, or just practice OK.
    Self defense - never.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I agree...for the money they work. They are heavy and ugly, but if that is all you can afford it's better than nothing. They also have a great warrantee.

Stevenson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Noblesville, In
    Its ugly. Real ugly. It looks like its from Star Trek...maybe its you thing.

They are a pain to clean, but it gets easier each time you take it apart.

Its heavy and no one makes a holster for it.... Sonyoundont want to carry it.

It does shoot, pretty well even. It makes a good nightstand gun, or something similar.

I have had one for years andn it never leaves the house. Not every gun is meant to be carried all day, or used in competition shooting.

Top Bottom