High Velocity Manufacturing AR's - Made in Ft. Wayne, IN!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1998 called, it wants its website back.

Seriously, counters and wood grain background? :ugh:

And is the trigger guard suppose to look like a cute little heart?

HoosierHIT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2017
    Linton
    I have had quite a bit of experience with their rifles and their staff (Scott & Chris are great!)... The rifles perform great and are very comfortable to shoot and ACCURATE! Really could care less about how their website looks... There are lots of products in the gun world that are fantastic, but are backed with bad looking websites, or on some occasions, no website at all...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    In for the copyright infringement of using the Joker likeness as a promotional material for their ARs. :D

Soooo.... The Game Stopper.... $1400 will get me a rifle with a very custom machined lower, but the rest of the parts are a grab bag from various parts catalogs? UTG sights, stocks and grips, $100 bolt carrier groups (nickle boron), unknown barrels (melonite, okay, I can pick up a REALLY accurate one from Ballistic Advantage for about $200 with gas block), vanilla upper receivers, a $90 Witt Machine muzzle brake, a $120 Rise trigger group, probably about $40 worth of small parts... so on... Unless there is a serious accuracy claim that can be proven over a home build, other than a funky lower, I can't see these going far...

The "Sinner"... Lots of UTG again... unknown stainless barrel... What makes it $1400?

I will admit though... I like the lower pictorals for the selector switch...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have had quite a bit of experience with their rifles and their staff (Scott & Chris are great!)... The rifles perform great and are very comfortable to shoot and ACCURATE! Really could care less about how their website looks... There are lots of products in the gun world that are fantastic, but are backed with bad looking websites, or on some occasions, no website at all...
    So you do care some, but could you care more?

[video=youtube_share;om7O0MFkmpw]http://youtu.be/om7O0MFkmpw[/video]

Yeah, it's like saying "Candyman" in a mirror, misuse the phrase, and I show up with the video.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In for the copyright infringement of using the Joker likeness as a promotional material for their ARs. :D
    I didn't want to totally beat them down so I didn't mention it, but yeah, how long before the cease and desist letter shows up?

And how can you apply the term "awesome" to anything that has UTG parts? :dunno:

Personally, "The Joker" reminds me of all those kids that I see playing GTA V online that just have to make their character look exactly like the The Joker or Harley Quinn. I go out of my way to hunt and kill them.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    So you do care some, but could you care more?

[video=youtube_share;om7O0MFkmpw]http://youtu.be/om7O0MFkmpw[/video]

Yeah, it's like saying "Candyman" in a mirror, misuse the phrase, and I show up with the video.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: This is one of my pet peeves. People either don't know or care what they say. Their reply is "Uh, you know what I meant.". No, not really. I only know what you said or typed.

(On a side note as a larger person I have fun at some restaurants when the host or hostess says "Sorry for your wait." The key word is wait. I look them in the eye and ask them if they are calling me fat. Wait versus weight. I've had younger women all but spit out their gum apologizing. Some days my wife really hates me!)
    Dan

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    When I showed my son my ar, he grabbed it by the magwell. he said that was how they taught him when he was in the Army. I could not enlist, so I cant offer any explanation for the change in teaching. I personally would have a hard time spending that kind of money for a rifle, but to each their own.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    When I showed my son my ar, he grabbed it by the magwell. he said that was how they taught him when he was in the Army. I could not enlist, so I cant offer any explanation for the change in teaching. I personally would have a hard time spending that kind of money for a rifle, but to each their own.

There are many MOS's in the Army...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah I can't see shelling out that kind of money for their product. And just for the record. I don't consider ALL UTG parts to be junk. I've used a couple of UTG Pro hand rails and have been satisfied with both of them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: This is one of my pet peeves. People either don't know or care what they say. Their reply is "Uh, you know what I meant.". No, not really. I only know what you said or typed.

(On a side note as a larger person I have fun at some restaurants when the host or hostess says "Sorry for your wait." The key word is wait. I look them in the eye and ask them if they are calling me fat. Wait versus weight. I've had younger women all but spit out their gum apologizing. Some days my wife really hates me!)
    Dan

I posted that video yesterday, then went to a business meeting where someone told me to "hold down the fort" and then within a minute of each other, two others said, "I could care less."

:ugh:

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd like to see them start producing silencers once the hearing protection act becomes law. It's be nice to have a local outfit that could make a gun muffler inexpensively.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I posted that video yesterday, then went to a business meeting where someone told me to "hold down the fort" and then within a minute of each other, two others said, "I could care less."

:ugh:

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

All we can do is laugh because we're tired of crying.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Might have to teach them about that part of it first.

I got a feeling that a lot of guys are going to start producing some very inexpensive and simple design options if the hearing protection act becomes law. Heck there's a guy selling Maglite "solvent kits" online for under $200 now. I think there'd be enough demand for supressors if the law passes that the current suppliers won't be able to keep up with production.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I got a feeling that a lot of guys are going to start producing some very inexpensive and simple design options if the hearing protection act becomes law. Heck there's a guy selling Maglite "solvent kits" online for under $200 now. I think there'd be enough demand for supressors if the law passes that the current suppliers won't be able to keep up with production.

That's something I alluded to in another thread, those currently are only a $100 or so option (before tax stamp) if they do a good job I'm sure they'll have a ton of business soon.

I can't see how anyone think building a business on $1500 'custom' AR's is going to go over well when the AR market in general seems flooded

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    When major manufacturers are scrambling to put out a budget friendly, sub $700 real world product people need to take note of the trend. There is nothing custom about someone sourcing parts and assembling them.

Top Bottom