High Velocity Manufacturing AR's - Made in Ft. Wayne, IN!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When major manufacturers are scrambling to put out a budget friendly, sub $700 real world product people need to take note of the trend. There is nothing custom about someone sourcing parts and assembling them.
    Exactly. I can source my own parts and assemble them.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    When major manufacturers are scrambling to put out a budget friendly, sub $700 real world product people need to take note of the trend. There is nothing custom about someone sourcing parts and assembling them.

This, this and more this.

These are days for the consumer, not the manufacturer. The pricing commanded in yesteryear is bunk and dead, unless it is a completely accuracy driven rig, or something designed literally for the worst conditions possible (LMT, Daniels, BCM...).

Palmetto is a great example of this shift: one is actually hard pressed to find a chrome lined option on their site, it's mostly non-lined or nitride. This is a cost savings, and while the benefits of Nitride are debateably adnaseum, it shows that people want a sub $500 AR15, rather than a factory built rifle for $100-300 more than that.

These rifles make no accuracy claims other than the possible shill on our site saying they are "accurate..." and the parts they use are the last ones I would want to take to war (UTG, unknown nitride or stainless barrels). Their ads and business model are akin to the folks trying to sell a $600 AR15 they cobbled together for $800 after getting ripped off at the gunshow, then claiming it's a "CUSTOM" build on Armslist and wanting no less than $1200, or partial trade on a... (insert something else tacticool here...) because it has a Punisher skull decal on the lower...

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    No thanks and I don't like the lower at all. It's great to see an Indiana company but I don't see it going anywhere with those products and prices in this new AR market.

Top Bottom