• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And you know for a fact Mr Freeman is sitting on his hands and that the delays have nothing to do with beurocracy? If so I'd love to hear it.

Sounds like there are some people here who have never dealt with the legal system.

If his friend can do it better and faster, I suggest he handle it without a lawyer....good luck.

Everyone's a legal expert and know just how the system works. Makes me wonder why I spent all those years studying, both in school and constantly since.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So if you get delayed is there a way to find out what delayed it? I would like to know what the issue is. For more info I did not put my S.S. and can not remember if I normally put it when I used to buy in IL. This is first store purchase in about 2 years for me. Does anyone here think Indiana would be stricter on there purchases then Illinois. That seems crazy to me.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    So if you get delayed is there a way to find out what delayed it? I would like to know what the issue is. For more info I did not put my S.S. and can not remember if I normally put it when I used to buy in IL. This is first store purchase in about 2 years for me. Does anyone here think Indiana would be stricter on there purchases then Illinois. That seems crazy to me.
    File for a UPIN and if there is a "valid" reason for the delay you will not be able to get the UPIN but they will tell you why you are getting the delay. It is a long process as far as getting a decision back but I don't remember it costing anything beyond maybe postage. I think the reply took several months.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a very common First and Last name. I seem to get delayed a lot. I started making sure to put my SSN on the form and have seen less delays with doing that. I have had to wait 4 days before and one time only waited a hour and they called the FFL back with my approval #.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I may be wrong, but if they HOLD/DELAY and never get back, after a certain amount of days the gun can be transferred correct?
    I've always understood it as 3 business days. (3 business days according to the gov and it's many holidays). And even then the shop may back out of the sale. No reason they should, but some are uncomfortable continuing the sale.

For the record I do have a misdemeanor or two and have never been delayed or denied.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    You didn't say "these aren't for me" did ya? Just kidding, but one of the messiest delays our shop was involved when a dude said those words when we noticed one gun had no mag and told him....idiot.

Alot of the possibles have been listed, be curious to know how it works out. I would be tomorrow at the latest you'll find something out, 3 days is usually the longest I can remember it going.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah so I did the NICS on the 22nd. I guess I got a call that I cleared on the 23rd but my wife mistook the call for something else. LOL so it cleared within a day. And I asked the store if he knew why it held up and he said he wished he knew why it held for some and not for others.

Top Bottom