• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    This is interesting, I bet nobody saw FN getting back into the HP business, 17 rd mag now, some frontstrap treatment, ambi controls, and decent sights. Looking at the top of the slide it looks like a Sig style barrel.
    And at least a $1k price tag. There will probably be a significant price gap between the FN and SA

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    And at least a $1k price tag. There will probably be a significant price gap between the FN and SA
    I'll have to handle one but I like the improvements/upgrades over the traditional SA. It's Shot Show though, it could be years before you see one if ever, unless they say they're in production and shipping I won't get too excited about it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It looks like a Polymer frame. Not sure since it has grip screws. Hi Powers can’t have polymer frames it’s blasphemy!
    I don't think it is, but I can see how it might appear to be at first glance based on the front strap checkering which is reminiscent of those done on a polymer frame.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't think it is, but I can see how it might appear to be at first glance based on the front strap checkering which is reminiscent of those done on a polymer frame.
    I’m thinking not at second glance due to the grip screws. Though I’m sort of curious as well on the hike at the end. Glock 34 like makes me think it has a guide rod

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It won't be the classic design. They went with a different barrel/locking style. It's now like a glock, M&P, or sig. And the extractor isn't external. At least SA changed the little things that people wanted while maintaining the original design

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It won't be the classic design. They went with a different barrel/locking style. It's now like a glock, M&P, or sig. And the extractor isn't external. At least SA changed the little things that people wanted while maintaining the original design
    They're calling it the "All New High Power" I would'nt call it a true to form clone of the original design either. Looks like a partial re-design.

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    They're calling it the "All New High Power" I would'nt call it a true to form clone of the original design either. Looks like a partial re-design.
    Correct. But I'm wondering how popular it will be with those changes. The purists will reeee till the cows come home. I think those same folks didn't balk as much with the SA and will be better received

Top Bottom