• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Seems to be a resurgence for the Hi Power design. Looks like Girsan is introducing their own budget clone.

I've been looking for one of these for 5-6 weeks. Seems like street price will be around $475, but can't find them. Read on another board that it was a shipping issue, another said it was hassle with new import through Brandon's roadblocks. Maybe I can find one after the mid-terms. :tantrum:

Reactions: KG1

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    The springer is a rebranded girsan isn't it

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I hope not! I was excited about the SA, until I learned that they chose to do away with the firing pin safety. They went back to the ancient sear lever w/o the safety feature.

No clue what this was about, unless it's a patent issue or something. To me, that safety was a big deal (no BOOM unless you actually pull the BANG switch) to me; and a good enough reason to pass on the SA and wait for the Girsan.

Or... just refinish one of the three BHP's upstairs.

I love these guns.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I’m thinking not at second glance due to the grip screws. Though I’m sort of curious as well on the hike at the end. Glock 34 like makes me think it has a guide rod
    wierd... it almost looks like you can see the end of the recoil spring in the FDE pictured.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I'd take the SA model over the original to shoot or carry. I'd take an original FN or Browning for a safe queen.
    years back, I picked up a beat up original 'turn in' from some gov't contract in Europe. Ugly and rough, but a '92 MKIII. Sandblast, GunKote, stone some internals, and it shoots great. Now I'm itching to sandblast again and try my hand at stippling the front and back straps, and maybe a line down the top. For the price, I figured it to be a great EDC for 'cheap'.

Then the Girsan news, at about $75 less new than what I've got in the project gun!

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I'd say the majority of the wealth is held by those aged 60 and older. It makes sense to remake the things of their youth that they couldn't afford then.
    What I really think is funny is that in the 80's and 90's, almost nobody in the U.S. gave a **** about the Hi-Power, despite it being the most widely carried sidearm in the world. It was also standard kit for the British SAS (at the time, the most elite units in the world).

I see what happens when they tell Americans "We're not going to make anymore, so you can't have a new one." :p

Now everybody wants one.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    It looks like EAA with the Girsan is upping their game as well with some teaser pics of a rail frame version and a model with an actual beavertail that everybody always wants.

It would be nice if they could just deliver the ones they already have.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    wierd... it almost looks like you can see the end of the recoil spring in the FDE pictured.
    Yes it does. I’ll even go farther and say at certain angles the new FN looks to guns what a bad breast augmentation is to the show Botched”

I’ll go the Springfield or original if I get another Hi Power urge.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yes it does. I’ll even go farther and say at certain angles the new FN looks to guns what a bad breast augmentation is to the show Botched”

I’ll go the Springfield or original if I get another Hi Power urge.
    I'm the opposite, after seeing the new FN, my desire for the SPFD plummeted (unless an IOP pops up).

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Had a SA35 on order for awhile... called my ffl to find out if any batches were due. Was told SA recalled all dealers inventory. Bummer... main interest is to mod out. Still have on order so one day it will show up. Have a T-series safe queen though.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1612028750569.jpg
      FB_IMG_1612028750569.jpg
      37.4 KB · Views: 10

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Had a SA35 on order for awhile... called my ffl to find out if any batches were due. Was told SA recalled all dealers inventory. Bummer... main interest is to mod out. Still have on order so one day it will show up. Have a T-series safe queen though.
    Recalled as in order to correct a problem? Like extractor issues?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's the first I've heard of any recall, if it was true it'd be all over the forums, especially the FN ones that hate the SA-35 lol. There's a bunch still for sale on Gunbroker?
    Agreed and I'd think it would show up here as well:

Top Bottom