• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    What is your favorite gun related movie scene that is the most inaccurate,missleading or just plain wrong. Mine is from XXX with Vin Diesel. He is about to shoot someone with a H&K G36. He pulls the trigger and it goes click rapidly like it was in full auto without shooting.:popcorn:His girlfriend shoots the bad guy and tells him to take the safety off.:bs:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Wow, derailed his own thread on the third post, amazing.

Back on topic though, on one of the Die Hard movies(2 I think) John McClane says something about the terrorists having a Glock 7 (which doesn't exist), that is made in Germany (instead of Austria), and it's ceramic(no metal barrel even??!?).

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The movie SNIPER where the FBI guy has a copy of the sniper's shooting. He says "look, this target was at 1000 yards, and all of the holes are touching, anyone that can do this doesn't miss." - there were like a dozen holes, all touching at 1k yrds.

I just watched Fast and Furious, and Vin Diesel got shot in the back of the shoulder and didn't even flinch.

Cowboy westerns where they shoot a coffee can in the air with a 6 shooter 6 times and keep bouncing it around in the air.

Every rifle is full auto. Period.

The movie WANTED there are some shots that are about 10 miles and hit perfectly.

Ok I better stop, there are just too many to name.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Wanted wasn't supposed to be serious, I mean, they curved bullets.

haha, i was going to say, Infidel points out the impossibly long shot, but not the fact that they curved bullets!!!

I was watching the Unit last night and a guy was being held at gunpoint with a 1911 that had the hammer down. I guess the BG is in luck becasue that greatly reduced the chances of him dying!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What really gets me is when mistakes occur in movies that otherwise get the gun stuff pretty much right... because the rest of the movie is so good, the mistakes are that much more obvious (as opposed to the average hollywierd film that gets nothing right with regard to weapons).

For instance, the multiple golfball-sized holes that Tom Sizemore's 12ga shotgun makes in the white truck in Heat (must be some BIG buckshot), or Barry Pepper muttering "two clicks left wind" while adjusting the objective of his scope in Saving Private Ryan.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Anyone have a reference to a movie where they talk about cocking the hammer on a glock?? I've read books that had that in them, I know there has to be a movie...

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Like I said in the last thread, the ar's with 100 round mags that look awfully like the 30 rounders.

Someone cocking a gun every shot, Given it's a semi-auto.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really think the worst offender is the single-action auto handgun, be it a 1911 or something else. It's very, very rare to see someone using a 1911 in a hollywood film or TV show with the hammer cocked. It's all well and good that you just breached into that house tactically, but you can't shoot anybody like that.

Top Bottom