• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I can't name the movies, but in the 50s, six guns were actually 10 guns, 15 guns or better. Wow, my Colt SAA has never done that for me. I think I'll send mine back to Colt and get that upgrade. You think?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    The Longest Day. The Airborne troopers are given toy clickers to use to identify each other. "1 click to be answered by 2."

Fade to France...

Trooper hears someone in the bushes, hits his clicker once.

Response, "Click, click."

Trooper clicks one more time.

Response, "Click, click."

Trooper smiles and starts to yell, "hey there!"

"Bang! Bang!" (semi-auto style.)

Trooper says..."I heard two clicks...." keels over.

Camera pans to the action of an M98k....

"Click, click" Bolt ejects spent cartridge.

"Click, click" Bolt loads fresh cartridge.

Hmmmm....two quick shots?

FNC1 Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What always drives me nuts is whenever a gun is leveled at anyone, you hear the sound of the gun being cocked, as if it wouldn't have already been locked and loaded. I guess Hollywood needs a sound effect to go with every movement on the screen.

pheenix42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    My brother-in-law who is something of an expert on firearms spotted a mistake in the 1964 movie 'Zulu'. Shortly before the Zulus attacked Rorke's Drift, you see the officers loading up their revolvers. Thing is, the pistols they used in the movie were the British Webley revolvers, which didn't exist at the time of the events in question!

Or, any moment wherein a shotgun knocks someone backwards off their feet, or a snub-nose pistol making a precise shot at some silly distance. :draw:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    In the John Wayne movie Alamo Denver Pyle holds a Kaintucky long rifle that has a Trapdoor Springfield action. The hammer had been removed and replaced with one that looked like it a flint cock and was molded out of playdoe. John Wayne for goodness sake.........I was crushed...........................:@ya:..........<>< Duce

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    opening actions in handguns

There are many scenes where the cops are pursuing someone and about to confront them, then the cops check their handgun to see if it is loaded as though they couldn't remember if they were carrying an empty one that day. In the movie Heat Al Pacino's character takes his auto pistol out of battery to see if there is a round in the chamber. I laughed and thought "that is the last thing I would do". Risking not returning the pistol to battery, what a bad idea. I think the directors do it because it looks cool and who will notice except some guys that hang around internet gun boards.

And from my childhood the series FBI that played in the 60's and 70's where the star shoots the bad guy running at over 50 yards in the leg with a quick draw and fire from a snubnose .38. Someone already mentioned that in a general sense - so noted, I still distinctly remember the scene from one episode it was so ridiculous that it impressed me at the ripe old age of 12 or so, that I can't forget it.

Terry

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    In the movie Heat Al Pacino's character takes his auto pistol out of battery to see if there is a round in the chamber. I laughed and thought "that is the last thing I would do". Risking not returning the pistol to battery, what a bad idea.

Ever heard of a press check?

ayoob031207-4.jpg

ayoob031207-3.jpg

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    All of you forgot the biggest mistake ever made on film.

US Marshals when Tommy Lee Jones' character says, "Keep it in your suit unless I tell you to take it out. Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol." He drank the Kool-Aide!!! Where is my troll icon? ;)

Notable mention from the same movie... Sam Gerard: [Referring to the Glock as he is changing magazines] "These things are so cool. They can shoot underwater, pour sand in them and they'll shoot. They shoot every time."

They shoot every time because they have UNLIMITED AMMO! I need to find the cheat code in real life that gives me unlimited ammo. Glocks can shoot underwater (can't most pistols?), just not reliably.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Righteous Kill had a big mistake, Pacino has Spyder on the ground at the beginning holds the Glock to his head and you hear him pull back the hammer!!!

Top Bottom