• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They are getting rid of McDonald's too. Poor kids getting chemo can't get Mc D's fries anymore. I'm sure their patients will be so much happier now. I have very fond memories of that McD's.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Not illegal as far as I know. Riley's Hospital is an amazing place though, wonderful staff who were extremely good to my family.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I look at the need to carry 100% of the time not so much different than the laws that are created that affects the future, for all time, because some idiot did something once. There are many such laws.

I consider it a lack of judgement. Put a rule in place so that no one has to make a conscious decision.

As to a childrens hospital, I consider the risk of an altercation that can be stopped SOLELY with a firearm wielded by ME. In my view, those instances are so rare as to be without meaning. Hence, I'm willing to leave the handgun in the vehicle.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I look at the need to carry 100% of the time not so much different than the laws that are created that affects the future, for all time, because some idiot did something once. There are many such laws.

I consider it a lack of judgement. Put a rule in place so that no one has to make a conscious decision.

As to a childrens hospital, I consider the risk of an altercation that can be stopped SOLELY with a firearm wielded by ME. In my view, those instances are so rare as to be without meaning. Hence, I'm willing to leave the handgun in the vehicle.

I am 43 and have never needed to use a firearm, guess I can just sell them, what are the odds?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Well, more kids die of drowning than handgun accidents. I guess you could wrap them in life jackets full time in the event they encountered a drowning situation.

Or you could use judgement.

There's that…..

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    How many attacks at children's hospitals in America in the last say…..100 years?

And I thank you NOT to confuse me with an anti-gunner. I am anti-stupidity.

ANTI STUPIDITY????!!!!!!! Glad it's Christmas and I'm in the spirit cause if I wasn't I would spend more time on revealing how ignorant u really are for making comments like that.

fng120

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Out in the back woods
    All IU Health campuses are weapon free. They don't even want you to carry a knife. It is plainly posted @ every entrance. With that being said it is private property and if they catch you security will call PD and have you arrested. You can't carry a weapon on private property if it is posted. I'm not saying you can't carry it, just wonder why you need to or would want to in a hospital?

Last edited:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Deep conceal just to avoid any added drama, and for whatever reason you are at Riley or any other hospital my prayers are with you. Been there done that and yes like always I was armed to the teeth. I respect Manatee's decision to do as he wishes. We all are entitled to or own opinions and individual threat assessment. I strive to live my life avoiding places and situations that might lead to danger but sometimes danger finds us. I choose to live my life knowing I will do all I need to do to protect my family. Following the whim of a bureaucrat with a no guns sticker will be no comfort if I shirk my responsibility to protect my family.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    All IU Health campuses are weapon free. They don't even want you to carry a knife. It is plainly posted @ every entrance. With that being said it is private property and if they catch you security will call PD and have you arrested. You can't carry a weapon on private property if it is posted. I'm not saying you can't carry it, just wonder why you need to or would want to in a hospital?
    One will only be arrested if they refuse to leave. No gun signs have no weight of law.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

One will only be arrested if they refuse to leave. No gun signs have no weight of law.
    ^^^^^^^^^^ T H I S ^^^^^^^^^^

I'm sure LEO told him so.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

My electricians carry knives in there all the time.

Better check your facts.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.

Zombies.

fng120

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Out in the back woods
    This is why you can't even post on here. I was simply passing along info and all the SHL's have to put in their 2 cents. If you are caught in the hospital and security calls PD what do you really think will happen? And the fact is that every entrance says no weapons allowed. I never said an electrician couldn't carry a knife, it was said that they don't even want you to have a knife.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Will do. Actually I just carried on private property today that was posted no firearms and didn't get arrested. I was OCing too. Just admit you were wrong. I am wrong alot and have no problem with someone calling me out on it. In fact I encourage it so I will know in the future. You, on the other hand, are obviously the "all knowing guy."

Top Bottom