• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm really amazed at how comfortable my EDC weapons are. One is a SIG P228 in a Raven Concealment Phantom, worn OWB. Can hardly tell it's on. My other EDC is a Wilson Combat CQB I wear IWB in a new holster I got recently, the R.O. Gunleather IWB DL that I have a review of posted in this forum. I really only feel it when I sit down entering my car. I usually make a slight adjustment and it's good.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think it's the holster that makes carrying comfortable. I carry a Glock 19 in a MTAC IWB holster. And it's VERY comfortable. I can perform any activity like I would if I wasn't carrying.

What kind of holster research are you doing?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    G19 in MTAC, never know its there till needed. Bladetech paddle holster as comfortable but does get banged into a lot and tried to get ripped off my side if I squat down quickly next to a ledge or something.

On the flip side I am extremely fast at drawing from Bladetech, MTAC not so much.

Last edited:

Malard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love mine I can wear basketball shorts and a cut off t-shirt and still carry my Kimber, 3 spare mags, Surefire G2, Cold Steel tiger. The Truss holster is amazing

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I've got a Blackhawk Serpa for both a G27 and a G30 that are both very comfortable. With the 27, just a bit more ...though primarily due to a weight issue (between the two Glocks, not me! :D).

I use a Galco Ankle Glove for the G27 as well which is, quite literally, "all-day comfort." It's probably my favorite for carry, but not for ease of access.

Then there's the Crossbreed Supertuck that I like as well for the G30. Though, apparently, my belt has gotten shorter over the winter somehow, so I haven't been using it as much lately. ;) Maybe it's time to get a new belt...

Oh, and a Galco Summer comfort for the 27 ...but it's been so long since it's been summer, I guess I've just forgotten about it! Strangely enough, I have the same belt problem with using it as with the Crossbreed ...go figure!

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Crossbreed supertuck :yesway:

Only holster I'll wear!

Same here. G17 in a crossbreed supertuck for years now. Take a nap or forget it's there comfort, and totally invisible.

I'm in the process of switching to the archangel appendix IWB with a G17. Less comfortable. Should get better with time, but the speed is worth it. Crossbreed is still the Cadillac. I haven't found anything that it limits me from doing.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Same here. G17 in a crossbreed supertuck for years now. Take a nap or forget it's there comfort, and totally invisible.

I'm in the process of switching to the archangel appendix IWB with a G17. Less comfortable. Should get better with time, but the speed is worth it. Crossbreed is still the Cadillac. I haven't found anything that it limits me from doing.

My sentiments exactly; I fall asleep with my carry piece on all the time.

I carry a G27 now, have been for a few weeks since I got my new supertuck.

Before that, carried a Kimber Tactical Ultra II in one, perfect setup.

Twingram

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Blackford County
    Extremely! I rock a g23 w/ tlr-1 in a homemade kydex OWB and a Homemade kydex/leather hybrid. Both of which are totally comfortable and easily concealed. I also carry a spare mag at 10 o'clock and a kershaw needs work in the RF pocket, streamlight microstream and leatherman micra LF pocket

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I carry a 226 almost every day in a Galco owb, I think the secret to comfortable carry is haveing a decent belt. a proper gunbelt makes all the difference.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    High Noon Tuckable for both my G26 and Taurus 709 slim Very comfortable. Tried the Kholster, but it takes a contortionist to put it on; and the Galco Summer Comfort, which requires a very wide and strong belt to stay in place for a draw; neither were really satisfactory for me. Sold the Galco to my son. Trying to sell the Kholster to my youngest son.

High Noon tuckable. Very comfortable.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just a curious question,

"How comfortable is your EDC?

How many things can't you do?

Please no stupid remarks this is a serious question for a holster research..

The holster is only HALF of the reason some people claim to wear heavy guns comfortably. The other HALF of the reason is they have a good quality, weight distributing, thick/reinforced gun belt.

Wear a 2 pound gun on a floppy belt and you will fell the gun move all day long, you'll feel it sag and pull and weight you down. Wear the same gun on a thick leather Cabela's Double Duty or on a Beltman belt with kydex reinforcement and you won't be tired at the end of the day from gun fatigue.

I'd rather have a good belt with a cheap holster than a cheap belt with a $100 holster every day of the weak. Most holster makers also make belts. The good gun belts are expensive, and even the Cabela's Double Duty belt is not cheap at nearly $40 . . . but that one is often on sale.

Do yourself a HUGE FAVOR and get a good gun belt (or 2) for carrying. Depending on your attire you may need a black and a brown, if your lucky you'll only need one. But once you use a real gun belt as part of your carry rig then you'll wonder how you ever got along without one.

Oh and +1 on tje CrossBreed holster.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette

My sentiments exactly; I fall asleep with my carry piece on all the time.

I carry a G27 now, have been for a few weeks since I got my new supertuck.

Before that, carried a Kimber Tactical Ultra II in one, perfect setup.

That's pretty much my test of a holster. If I can take naps with it on it's a good holster. I take a nap with my G17 in a Raven Concealment LC Phantom at least once a week.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My EDC is comfortable, but still noticeable. It's never to the point that I forget it's there, but never annoying. There isn't anything I can't do when wearing it, but like mentioned before, I have a thick bull hide belt that makes it easy.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Don Hume and Pro Carry IWBs for a Ruger P345, super comfy. I've recently upgraded my carry to a FN .45, and it's not nearly as comfy, but I've got a Supertuck on the way. Ordered it Monday, and will be here tomarrow.:rockwoot:I've also fallen asleep with the Ruger on many times.

Top Bottom