• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Use a paddle hoster, iwb, and beltloop strong side. My carry gun is a Kimber TLE. I feel when it comes to carry you just have to get used to it.

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    I carry my Ruger GP100 4" in a cheapo Bianchi 6D. Pretty comfortable. Never fell asleep in it but then again, I hardly ever sleep.

A good holster and belt definitely do the trick, just don't think you have to pay $90 for the holster and $50 for the belt. My holster cost me about $20 and my belt is from hot topic from ages ago (16 or 17 years old).

Ruger%20Concealed%201.jpg

Ruger%20Concealed%202.jpg

I weigh 140# and the gun weighs 40 oz. empty.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I am just doing reserach for a hybrid leather, kydex style holster that can be IWB or OWB all in one unit.

I agree about the belt issue, at least a 1/4" x 1.75" full leather belt is good start.

I currently use an ambi Quest IWB for total concelment but mostly use my paddle Fobus for EDC, just cover with my shirt.

The new system is modular and will add holster elements for mags, lights, knives, etc. I will post info when we get a working prototype completed.

Thanks again..

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I carry my P226r in a Galco concealment holster. Its an owb holster but it rides high enough to where I can cover it up with a normal button up shirt. I carry two extra 20 round mags and am easily able to conceal my whole setup.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Switching to AIWB almost a year ago was definitely the best move to make concerning comfort as well as a few other issues I had with carrying on the hip. I've been running a 'Zack' by Dale Fricke (similar to the Raven Vanguard) and have found it to be an extremely comfortable alternative to 'traditional' IWB holsters.

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Glock 19 in a mtac holster at about 8:30. I know it has been said already, but the a good holster in half the battle. The other half is having a good belt.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    +1 on the Crossbread Supertuck! It is the most comfortable holster you will ever wear. Love mine like they said earlier you can take a nap in it you forget it is there. I carry a full size S&W 40.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    XD subcompact .40 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe all day long with no problems. I should probably take melensdad's advice & get a decent belt to make it even better. It took a little while to get the cant where I wanted it & find a spot that was comfortable for me w/ the SuperTuck, but I don't even know it's on half the time anymore.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Blackhawk Serpa for the Glock or Galco leather for the Kimber. Neither are uncomfortable (discounting the way the Kimber's checkering rubs unprotected skin), but the Galco holds the Kimber closer and more discretely which tends to mean less things bump it. I have fallen asleep with both on: as long as I don't roll over onto it, no worries.

Of course, the .38 in the purse is never uncomfortable.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I carry a LCR .38 in a pocket holster in my strong side front pocket and a speedloader in my weak side front pocket. I sometimes carry my G 27 in a Galco leather holster on my belt and a spare magazine on my weak side. I alway carry my SOG folder and Surefire backup light. I find either option comfortable, depending on how I'm dressed.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks everyone for the information.

I am going to start another thread about the choice of leather or kydex or a hybrid..

I'm thinking that the idea I have for a new holster kit will be easy for most to build and adjust and, the best part is I am thinking you can buy one base and then buy separate gun holders for different guns..

Also how about an adjustable retention device to set your pull to what you want?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Keltec P11 in a renegade ankle holster. Easy to take on and off and I don't have to worry about getting bigger pants just to iWB.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I think you need to think about a system. not just a belt or just a holster. If you don't have a good belt it doesn't matter how good your holster is or how much you paid for it, it's still a holster on a cheap belt. By the same token I think that if you don't buy a good holster then you have an expensive belt holding up a POS holster that won't do the job. I can never understand why folks buy a $400+ gun and want to carry it in a $5 holster on a $2 belt....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think you need to think about a system. not just a belt or just a holster.
    BINGO

Exactly what I was trying to imply in my earlier post.

The holster can only do its job properly if there is a belt to support it. Both go hand in hand to create a system that not only distributes the weight of the gun, but also holds it tight when you move, and holds it tight when you draw your weapon or when you reholster.

Top Bottom