How confident are you in your carry gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The ammo had been given to him by someone else,and the best that we could figure is that they had been in a very humid environment for a period of time and then moved to a very cool place.This was right after that flood that took place in the summer a few years ago...They were Federal HydraShocks I believe...I did learn a valuable lesson.

I have HydraShocks and never any problems. Guess it was the environment, usually rounds hold up pretty well though. Hmm, gives me an excuse to fire ALL my ammo just in case and buy new ones, just to make sure.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I BELIEVE in HydraShocks....Still do.Not blaming Federal at all,just pointing out that we should be as sure as we can that our rounds are new and functional.I had no excuse.Where I lived I could shoot every day.Even dangerous jobs become very boring,and we take less precaution than we should.To the guy with the 92fs....They need to be CLEAN....Wearing a weapon OC,in dirty outdoor conditions every day,10-12 hours each day taught me that the best weapons can gum up...and little or no oil is best.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Confidence level? So-so. Kel Tec Pf9 here. Started having extraction, ejection problems. Got a new extractor sent from Kel Tec. Seems to have solved the issue, but spooked me a bit on the pistol itself. I'll have to put some more rounds through it before I can trust it again. Right now I carry it only because it's the only small handgun I have.

Big G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    As close to 100% as I can be! Have had no issues with my SR9c, almost 1000 rnds through it with 0 malfunctions. If I have 1 it will be addressed immediately, corrected ASAP or its back to my S&W Mod 19 .357!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    99.999%

My EDC is a Walther P99, which has gone bang every one of the 4000 rds I have through it. I've tried crappy ammo, good ammo, limp wrist, shot dirty, clean, oily, dry. If I can't make it not go bang on purpose, no reason to think it wouldn't go bang if I really need it. But with Murphy hanging around when you least expect him, nothing is 100% perfect, Glock notwithstanding.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    How confident are you that if you ever had to pull your carry gun and press the trigger it would go bang?

Nothing happens when I press the trigger, but my 226 has always gone bang when I pull it. So.. I am 100% confident it would not, until I pull the gun and the trigger.:D

Top Bottom