How could we let America come to this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yes. BUT. Many a folk would walk past a new hot rod to drool on the charger. It's not always about fast it's about style and sex appeal a muscle car has... I know to each his own.

There's looking good and going fast, the 68 does a pretty good job of both.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And they all sucked butt.

The first one set the tone for me when the car was shot up and exploded because of "naws"....ummm on it's own nitrous isn't flammable and of course why did the floor pan fall out of that car? And how many gears did those transmissions have? They never quit shifting gears...once they got into high gear why would they need to shift when they were always running wide open. And yeah nitrous does increase HP but I know I run a bigger shot than those turd ricers could handle without kicking rods out the side & have never been thrown back in the seat by it...oh and if it was that powerful no way those tiny street tires could keep from breaking traction....ok I will get off the soap box

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Am I the only one that's never watched any of them? I think I've seen a few minutes, here and there, but not any of them all the way through.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    And how many gears did those transmissions have? They never quit shifting gears...once they got into high gear why would they need to shift when they were always running wide open.

That's the special Hollywood gearbox they install. Every movie racecar in existence has one.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    The first one set the tone for me when the car was shot up and exploded because of "naws"....ummm on it's own nitrous isn't flammable and of course why did the floor pan fall out of that car? And how many gears did those transmissions have? They never quit shifting gears...once they got into high gear why would they need to shift when they were always running wide open. And yeah nitrous does increase HP but I know I run a bigger shot than those turd ricers could handle without kicking rods out the side & have never been thrown back in the seat by it...oh and if it was that powerful no way those tiny street tires could keep from breaking traction....ok I will get off the soap box

Duh, because there was danger to the manifold....did you not watch the movie? He was just lucky he didn't blow the welds on the intake from all that nawzzz...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Duh, because there was danger to the manifold....did you not watch the movie? He was just lucky he didn't blow the welds on the intake from all that nawzzz...

Ahhh that's right I forgot about that part :n00b: can you help me make the connection between the manifold and the floor pan? I still don't get it. Lol.

Movie producers should hire some of us as consultants for a nominal fee of course

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Ahhh that's right I forgot about that part :n00b: can you help me make the connection between the manifold and the floor pan? I still don't get it. Lol
    Movie producers should hire some of us as consultants for a nominal fee of course

It is painful as car people to watch a movie that is completely inaccurate.

For me its the same as listening to car songs where they sing about putting a car in overdrive... like it increases the performance or something:facepalm:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can't enjoy modern movies with digital special effects instead of stuntmen. It might as well be a cartoon. The digital effects are so goofy that I can't understand how the movie going audiences continue to accept them.

Years of exposure to GTA have clouded their minds; nd in the real world, their Scion Tc isn't really that fast

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Oh no keep going.My feelings exactly. 20 speed gear boxes......:laugh6:

When were young and cool we were deep into street racing. If you walked up and leaned on my car it would have been on. Now try and lift the hood.............Boom boom, out go the lights.

Top Bottom