How could we let America come to this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh no keep going.My feelings exactly. 20 speed gear boxes......:laugh6:

When were young and cool we were deep into street racing. If you walked up and leaned on my car it would have been on. Now try and lift the hood.............Boom boom, out go the lights.

If the hood is open sure you can take a peek, but don't even think about leaning on my car. As for street racing no way would I play show & tell. On the street it's...run whatchya brung and hope you brung enough

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Yeah that monte was pretty cool. Even I could dig the no nonsense style of it. Big block with a dominator on top, gutted interior woulda been a great car for a high school kid

Yeah. To die in.:rolleyes:

High school kids don't have enough sense to be turned loose with more than about 40 hp.

I lived through a couple of 350 mouse motors, but I don't think it was my fault.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

High school kids don't have enough sense to be turned loose with more than about 40 hp.

I lived through a couple of 350 mouse motors, but I don't think it was my fault.

My son started driving at 12. We would go to Laff. Square mall parking lot early Sunday mornings. It is like a little city the way it is set up. No one there until11:00 or so and that gave us plenty of time if we arrived around 8:00. I would boost his seat up and extend the peddles. We cruised the roads in there until he made 3 mistakes. Then we would go to Bob Evans and discuss the morning.
    He soon got so good I had set a time limit. No mistakes. He could park, forward/backward and traverse the roads trouble free.
    When he was 14 and no longer required a boost and peddle extensions we started his training in earnest. When the snow came we went to a separate lot off the main one and started snow driving. After he got good at that I showed him the proper way to do donuts and figure 8's with out smashing into a pole.
    Power drifts across the entire lot were a blast. We were doing this in my 85 Monti Carlo S/S. I did this because I knew what he was headed into when he got his license. I wanted the car to come home intact with him alive. Train your kids to actually drive.

One day the Mall security stopped him with all the bells and whistles, lights flashing etc. They knew we were there and acknowledged us. They ran him through the whole routine. Then they smiled and said your training is now complete. It was our final session at the Mall.

He received that car on his 16th "B" day. It was completely restored. It had a mouse built 425 HP small block and all the trimmings. He was ready for it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

CM's example is right on. Teach kids to actually drive. Maybe you didn't have enough sense to be turned loose with a car like that

Top Bottom