How did we loose sight if the pocket 32 acp? What's your favorite.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    I think most of these where cutting edge if there time. The savage for example has no screws, was the first double stack mag, and striker fire. The colt was an elegant way to conceal carry if you think about it revolvers where about your only other major option back then and 32sw and 38 special was your other option at the turn of the century yet these pocket pistols still function and function well 100 years later.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Love my FN Model 1910; sights are absolutely microscopic but she points & shoots so naturally it doesn't matter. Really lines up like an extension of my hand and taking aim is like pointing my finger at the target.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I forgot. I also have a .327federal magnum Taurus snubbie, and it will fire about every .32cal round out there.
    Great little gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    My favorite by far is the Colt 1903.
    I wish I could buy a brand new one produced with today's metallurgy.

I agree couldn't agree more. The Colt 1903 was my first purchase when I was 21 and I love that gun. If they decided to make a commemorative anniversary edition, I would buy it without question.

45 x 11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Southwest IN
    One of the very first handguns I ever shot was a Kel-Tec P32. I remember liking it at the time, but of course I had virtually no frame of reference. It would be really interesting to shoot another one today to see how I would feel about it now, several years later.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Why is it that when someone brings up .380, the internet explodes with people touting its supposed ineffectiveness. But a post talking about 32acp goes on unscathed?

Could it be, people on the internet are retarded?

Rock those 32's boys. I shot a coon with one once. Strictly in defense. It worked.

I was thinking that, then I figured mostly guys were just talking about their classic little toys and mostly realized that they weren't really for carry so I figured why spoil a nice thread.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    This size of gun was created ONLY for carry... Its THE reason for their existence.

My point is, over the years that small caliber guns have been killing people, humans have not become more resistant to the effects of fast moving lead.

This post takes nothing away from this thread, IMO, its adds validity to the point of these guns. That point should be heeded by those who use the size of their bullets, to overcome the lack of size in their shorts.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My son has a 1903 Colt that's a lot of fun to shoot. I would love to add a PPK in .32 to the collection some day. I collect all of the .32 brass we find in case I ever decide to reload in that caliber. .380 is very cheap and easy to reload and lets you have all kinds of small caliber fun at the range. I wonder if .32 would follow in that vein too. It almost looks to be too small to reload, but if bullets and dies are available, it could be a lot of fun for plinking.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    My son has a 1903 Colt that's a lot of fun to shoot. I would love to add a PPK in .32 to the collection some day. I collect all of the .32 brass we find in case I ever decide to reload in that caliber. .380 is very cheap and easy to reload and lets you have all kinds of small caliber fun at the range. I wonder if .32 would follow in that vein too. It almost looks to be too small to reload, but if bullets and dies are available, it could be a lot of fun for plinking.

I reload the .32 acp. The hard part is finding bullets. Those dang small brass cases are easy to lose at the range though!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I own several although the colt 1903 fits in my hand better(like its part of my hand). The savage 1907 is a marvel of a gun. In fact it was the gun tested against the 1911 for the government contract in 45acp. What's your 32acp of choice.

Česká Zbrojovka vz.70. Marschal walnut grips. Robert Mika pocket holster. :rockwoot:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was thinking that, then I figured mostly guys were just talking about their classic little toys and mostly realized that they weren't really for carry so I figured why spoil a nice thread.

That's a good idea. You wouldn't want to give people the impression that you're a condescending arse, would you?

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    Wow. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all so I won't comment on that but the 32acp killed a lot of people in fact .22s kill more civilians than any other.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    One of the ammo projects on my list is getting the 32ACP working with 100 grain cast bullets. Research on the net has brought up some good info.

Top Bottom