• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I just browse and browse and browse and..... Eventually one will catch my interest. I can't say that I ever went into a gun shop intending to buy a particular gun that day. Impulse buying is so much more fun.

Letch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    See I started out in the milsurp stage and just bought things that I found around at shows. Then as they accumulated and went unused I decided to start selling and move into the usefulness stage. Anyone know what comes next so I can just go ahead and prepare for that. :)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Mine are mostly for a defined need. I have one AR, one shotgun (recently aquired), one .22 rifle and 4 carry guns. Two are revolvers and two semi-autoes.
    I simply don't have the desposable income for any more and quite honestly I really don't want anything else. If a 'want' comes into play in the future it would require putting money away for that particular purchase.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I feel like I have most of the basics covered now, so for me new purchases are rare and intentional.
    :+1:

I've got must of my roles covered so I haven't bought a new gun in a while. I have to justify it to myself. Reloading supplies is what I buy most of now. :shoot:

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    My goal is to try and have every common caliber covered so that I know I can get ammo for something I own. I currently have most handgun calibers under control, however, I am now working my way up the rifle calibers. I think of the range I would like to cover and work my way out...I currently have .223, .243, .308, and 30-06...working my way to 300 Win Mag, .338 Lapua, and 50BMG! We will see how far I get before age and money catch up to me :)

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    What I want to buy next changes about 10 x between the time I start saving and when I finally have enough saved. I can usually come up with a need by then that the Mrs. Can get on board with.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My gun purchases are usually based more on timing than anything else. The deal often dictates the purchase.
    Went to the gun store to pick up a scope I had ordered, it wasn't in yet, but there was a Sig MPX there calling my name. Went in to buy an M1a, left with a 700 PSS. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Purchases just happen. :dunno:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Does it look like an AK or function like an AK (Saiga 12, Vepr 54R, etc.)? Yes
    If not, is it a .22 or pistol? Maybe
    If still not, is it for my wife? Maybe
    If not for my wife and not an AK, .22lr, or pistol, do I still want it? Probably not.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Usually to complete a "collection" I have Springfield XD's 3" compact, 4" service model and 5" tactcal. After my son turned 18 I gave him his choice and he chose the Tactical, now I need to replace it.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I just let my wife pick mine. Last year for my birthday it was a shield 9mm, this year a new Sig scorpion. I'll start hinting about a kimber raptor next year.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I think its a matter of whether or not I already have one, whether or not I have any more spare spots left in the vault, whether or not its offered in any of the calibers I already own, but mostly and foremost, it's a matter of whether or not I just want one. :)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    My interests change like the wind.... I'll REALLY be into AR's for a while, then not touch one for 6mo. Then I'll REALLY be into AK's, then 10/22s, then bolt guns..... Right now I'm on to Fal's! I do try to, for the most part, justify it somehow as filling a role. I keep my feelers out all the time though and if I spot a deal I do my best to grab it as funds allow. I have about 7-8 sites I go to daily to check for deals (guns and parts), then I do my local gun show circuit as time allows.

EthanR9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I'm definitely an impulse buyer! There are so many guns on my list that I forget about some of them! With that said, I buy things extremely randomly! If I start looking into a specific gun and find an awesome deal, it's very difficult for me to say no. I'm also not married and don't have kids so my paycheck is mine to spend however I want. I've scored two very old Smith revolvers from GUN SHOP's saying they're just "old model 10's". One is a 1905 and the other a nickle plated Victory. So for me, it's whatever comes along first that isn't overpriced. I also look at what I can get back out of the gun if need be.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    At first when I really got into guns I would just kinda buy stuff on a whim (not that it still doesn't happen on occasion) but now I try a fill a need before just a want. Almost all the guns in the safe serve some sort of purpose and get shot on a regular basis. If it doesn't come out of the safe on a regular basis I have a hard time justifying keeping it around.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    I normally just look around and see what I really like. If I have the cash, I buy it. If I don't have the cash, I save for it. That is pretty much my reasoning and has worked well so far. As for my next, probably a 500 S&W mag. That is one I will have to save for. Lol.

Top Bottom