• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As to the original question, when there is an idea or technique that I wish to explore then I obtain the arm.
    For many years now the middle 1800's ways of doing things have held my interests. I've found that brass is grossly over rated.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm primarily a collector, and my collecting has gotten more focused over the last few years. For many years it was any milsurp, then just bolt actions, then Mosins and non-German Mausers, and now its down to the 3 S's, Sverige, Suomi, Schwiez, and Schwiez is on slippery ground. Most everything else has been sent down the road to free up some space, time and $. Of my collection I've got a few shooters, most haven't been shot or plan to for no reason, then there are a few I WON'T shoot for reasons.
    Other than that, I'm set pretty well. Got my hunting, HD, and "contingency" needs covered, some cover multiple needs. That said, if I find something I like better than what I have, I'll buy it, and if I have something I really don't have a need or want, I'll send it away. No safe queens here, all get shot on a regular basis and more than a few have nicks, bumps and scratches from use.
    Actually now that I think about it, most of my buying over the last year hasn't been guns at all, but the stuff that goes with them-mags, ammo, optics, etc.

Last edited:

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I use what I consider to be a very scientifically proven method for gun purchases. It is a multi step process that has worked well for me since the late 70s and one that I am happy to pass on. See steps below.

1) Walk into a gun shop.

2) Look at guns.

3) Spot a gun I like.

4) Ask to see it.

5) Fondle it some.

6) Check comparable prices (Internet on phone has really sped up this step).

7) Fondle it some more.

8) If priced well, go to next step.

9) Announce to clerk "I'll take it!"

10) Fill out needed paperwork.

11) Pull debit card out of wallet.

This next step is crucial...

12) Hand debit card to clerk.

13) Walk out of store with new gun!

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    You don't pick a gun, it knows who you are, it will call out to you, it won't leave you alone, it just keeps calling your name until you respond.
    You will lose sleep over it until you finally succumb.
    Resistance is futile.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    A lot of times I will browse the local gun shops, if I see something that interests me I will do a lot of research and make a decision. I like to buy used and I like to use layaway so those also affect my purchases. I also like to browse online vendors to see what they have available. They usually list something I'm interested in when I am out of gun money.

You don't pick a gun, it knows who you are, it will call out to you, it won't leave you alone, it just keeps calling your name until you respond.
    You will lose sleep over it until you finally succumb.
    Resistance is futile.

This happens as well. I took a long time to decide to buy a Winchester 1887 clone from a local shop. I finally decided that I had to have it and I'm glad I did.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Guns beckon me like hypnotoad.

tumblr_krun0xNa0z1qzufnjo1_1280.jpg

newdave61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Avon
    I will carefully reason a purchase and then...ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

15 minutes later I've got a new piece.

Top Bottom