• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I typically always have a couple loaded pistols in the nightstand. The top drawer always has the Glock 20 with 4 extra loaded mags and a mounted light.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm getting ready to put a keypad safe on my dresser. I'll leave it unlocked at night and lock it during the day.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I don't have to worry about kids, but I use a Speedvault SV500 elsewhere in the house. Secure, and very quick and easy - presents the gun so that it's easy to grab. Menards occasionally runs a sale on them.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Anyone use a gun magnet? What about using one of those for the night, installing it up high on the back of the headboard? Then when the gun is not on me and the kids are up it goes in a biometric safe?

yep! they are pretty slick too. I use one for a different area of the house. it allows keeping a firearm where it is completely out of sight. unless you feel for it, you will not find it. I use a magnet covered in rubber with two bolt holes. speed magnet or something? I forget the name.

I have seen for sale on ebay where people are selling welding magnets with the intent to use them as gun magnets. I have thought about running to harbor freight and picking up a few more for that type of use but I just dont have a need currently.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    yep! they are pretty slick too. I use one for a different area of the house. it allows keeping a firearm where it is completely out of sight. unless you feel for it, you will not find it. I use a magnet covered in rubber with two bolt holes. speed magnet or something? I forget the name.

I have seen for sale on ebay where people are selling welding magnets with the intent to use them as gun magnets. I have thought about running to harbor freight and picking up a few more for that type of use but I just dont have a need currently.

Magnets may not be the best idea...

Accidental Discharge Glock 23 - Magnet - Glock Talk

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    My son created a bed holster for me out of scrap metal rods. He bent them to shape & then welded them together . I'm able to use the factory supplied paddle holster, & clip it in place on the rods. That all stays on the bed 24/7 & I pull my EDC & put it in my carry holster for the day. I sleep against the wall so any grand kids coming to spend the night will come to grandma's side in the middle of the nite. We have an alarm system that is engaged almost 24/7

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Now that the grandkids are living in Noblesville my gun has been paroled and is out of the big safe and free 24/7 except for when they visit then it's back in prison again. No matter where I fall asleep, be it in bed or on the couch (when the wife discovers I bought another gun), my pistol is never out of arms reach.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Inside a Stack-On PS-10 fingerprint-activated (with four-digit keypad entry as an integral backup) vault bolted to the floor on my side of the bed.
    Just three touches are all that are required to open it, one to wake up the fingerprint scanner, another to read the fingerprint, and a third to rotate the now released locking mechanism to open the door.
    Yes, there are more secure vaults out there with better biometric technology, but this works just fine.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I have no kids or uneducated roommates to worry about so I keep mine in my n82 tactical holster and lay it between my bed and the wall. I try to never get more than an arm's length away from my handgun no matter what I'm doing!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I use my carry gun as my nightstand gun.
    That way it keeps me from ever forgetting it and coming home to get shot by my own gun or having it stolen.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My carry gun (1911) is also my "nightstand" gun. The SBR is my "bedside" gun. I prefer it as it has a light on it, carries a higher number of more powerful rounds, and I'm better with it. I practice with my 1911, but I don't have anywhere near the trigger time with it, as I do with the AR platform.

Top Bottom