How Does the The World View The United States?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    But you have to wonder what the point of an attack like that would be. Who wants to take over an entirely destroyed country? What would the purpose be?

The US is a mass of land rich in Natural resources we won't use for ourselves. Do to restrictions, regulations and politics we can't or won't look for our own oil, coal, gas, fresh water etc. An invading occupying force isn't going to care about EPA and OSHA regulations. They will take what they want how they want to.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...But you have to wonder what the point of an attack like that would be. Who wants to take over an entirely destroyed country? What would the purpose be?

Only an idiot maniac would ever consider such a thing. Taking over a prosperous, centrally-ruled nation is much easier and much more fruitful than destroying every individual inhabitant of the land.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Only an idiot maniac would ever consider such a thing. Taking over a prosperous, centrally-ruled nation is much easier and much more fruitful than destroying every individual inhabitant of the land.

True. If Clinton would have won it would've only taken a few large donations to her "charitable" foundation and we would have been indirectly ruled by a foreign government for foreseeable future.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Doesn't matter to me how they view us. They need to be concerned about how we view them.

My ancestors left Europe for a reason and I am very glad they did. I don't consider myself proud to be an American as that implies (to me) that I had something to do with it. I do consider myself extremely fortunate to be born in the USA though and I don't identify with any country in Europe as I'm a product of the melting pot. I am passionate about being an American.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Wasn't that one of the big reasons Japan backed off a full scale invasion after their success at Pearl Harbor? Something along the lines of there being a "rifle behind every blade of grass" ?
    I think there were a number of factors as to why Japan did not stage a full-scale invasion. The first being logistics. An aerial attack launched from aircraft carriers, like Japan conducted on Pearl Harbor, is relatively minor compared to staging a ground invasion. Given the distance between Japan and the west coast of the U.S., I think the Japanese realized the tremendous logistical effort it would take to invade the west coast and support those troops across thousands of miles of ocean. Think of the logistics involved in the Normandy invasion. The U.S. and British, along with other countries, spent months building up forces and support in England before the Normandy landing. And that was across less than 100 miles of English Channel.

The attack on Pearl Harbor caused a major disruption to the U.S. forces there, but the Hawaiian Islands were not completely overrun. The Japanese sunk some battleships, destroyed some aircraft, and triggered a bit of panic, but they occupied nothing. Assuming that they had occupied Hawaii and planned to use it as a stepping stone to the U.S., by they time they had built up enough forces and logistical support there, the U.S. would have counter-attacked and re-taken the islands. Remember that the U.S. aircraft carriers were not in port during the Pearl Harbor attack and the U.S. Navy very effectively put those carriers to use by attacking the Japanese Navy at Midway a few months later.

Cripple our economy, power grid and communications with computers sure but physically take control? Not happening without ground troops
    Assuming that taking physical control of the U.S. is the intent. I think the U.S. would be in shambles without power, communications, and a functioning economy. Complete social collapse would result. It would take years to restore order. What foreign power would want to step into that mess? I think they'd just leave us to kill ourselves.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    what would happen to the United States? They would be territorially intact. But one day England will be obliged to make approaches to the Continent. And it will be a German-British army that will chase the Americans from Iceland. I don't see much future for the Americans. In my view, it's a decayed country. And they have their racial problem, and the problem of social inequalities. Those were what caused the downfall of Rome, and yet Rome was a solid edifice that stood for something. Moreover, the Romans were inspired by great ideas. Nothing of the sort in England to-day. As for the Americans, that kind is non-existent

Guess who said that?

This hatred and the assumption that we are the shallow end of the gene pool.
    Is still very much alive the world over.
    Travel abroad you will see it quickly!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think there were a number of factors as to why Japan did not stage a full-scale invasion. The first being logistics. An aerial attack launched from aircraft carriers, like Japan conducted on Pearl Harbor, is relatively minor compared to staging a ground invasion. Given the distance between Japan and the west coast of the U.S., I think the Japanese realized the tremendous logistical effort it would take to invade the west coast and support those troops across thousands of miles of ocean. Think of the logistics involved in the Normandy invasion. The U.S. and British, along with other countries, spent months building up forces and support in England before the Normandy landing. And that was across less than 100 miles of English Channel.

The attack on Pearl Harbor caused a major disruption to the U.S. forces there, but the Hawaiian Islands were not completely overrun. The Japanese sunk some battleships, destroyed some aircraft, and triggered a bit of panic, but they occupied nothing. Assuming that they had occupied Hawaii and planned to use it as a stepping stone to the U.S., by they time they had built up enough forces and logistical support there, the U.S. would have counter-attacked and re-taken the islands. Remember that the U.S. aircraft carriers were not in port during the Pearl Harbor attack and the U.S. Navy very effectively put those carriers to use by attacking the Japanese Navy at Midway a few months later.

Assuming that taking physical control of the U.S. is the intent. I think the U.S. would be in shambles without power, communications, and a functioning economy. Complete social collapse would result. It would take years to restore order. What foreign power would want to step into that mess? I think they'd just leave us to kill ourselves.

I remember reading somewhere that if the Japanese would have mounted a full scale invasion on California immediately following Pearl Harbor, they could have potentially made it as far as the Rocky Mountains before we would have been able to mount an effective counter offensive on the mainland.

Exactly. An invading forced the size of which, would be needed to occupy the US would number in the tens, if not a hundred, of millions. An army that size does not exist that is controlled or could be sustained by any country or current alliance of countries without including our own. And taking this country by force would ruin almost everything any invading country could be seeking to gain. So it would never happen. It would make more sense, and be much easier to influence those already in the mindset to seek power in our country to be a puppet for an outside interest.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'd imagine using a nuke as an EMP to knock out our power grid would be the way you'd start an invasion in today's world. Hell, knock out the grid and wait for a year or two and a large percentage of our population would be dead. Then you invade and gun ownership won't matter because there would be so few people left.

But you have to wonder what the point of an attack like that would be. Who wants to take over an entirely destroyed country? What would the purpose be?

Sometimes the objective is not to control a population, but to eliminate a population.
    History is replete with extermination and genocide.
    War is not always logical.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Sometimes the objective is not to control a population, but to eliminate a population.
    There's always natural resources to plunder. Oil, coal, copper, trees (lumber), agricultural products are all pretty valuable commodities that would be attractive to an occupying country.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The ways that the implacable enemies of the USA will attack us are already in progress.
    Look no further than the likes of a George Soros, who proudly seeks to undermine all aspects of America, especially our civil society.
    I recall thinking -- in the aftermath of the 2000 election with the Florida recount fiasco and all the hysteria of Americans against fellow Americans and GWB all because an election hadn't gone the way that all too many Americans wished -- that a hostile foreign power would be watching and feel emboldened into believing that they could bring to its knees a country they loathed that outwardly had so many Americans so at the throats of other Americans.
    Nine months later, that hostile foreign power made itself known.
    I'm sad to say that I have never known a time when more Americans are at the throat of other Americans in such numbers and with such vitriol, and the implacable foes of America haven't stopped watching.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've heard lots of theories on the next world war... nukes, star wars, and Einsteins quote on not knowing what world war III will entail, but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I'm no black helicopter guy... but as I grow older, I'm convinced that it begins with a war on free thought... history repeating itself mayhap? Keep your ammo dry, your firearms clean, stock up as you will, whatever you wish. But first and foremost, keep your head clear and heart true. I don't care who is leading. Without your free thought, the rest of your stock is useless.

JMHO. Thanks to those who reminded me of this (241 days, 8 months & 19 days later) lesson.
    (This was posted January 07, 2017. For those who wish to do the math)

Last edited:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Proud to be an American, I personally don't care what the rest of the world thinks.

:yesway:

What is the source of your pride?

What if the rest of the world considered Americans unquestioning captives, ruled by the U.S. government?

Would you simply dismiss what they think as jealousy or, more properly, be jealous that the rest of the world still thinks?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Generally speaking, I don`t give a damn about what anyone else in the world thinks of the United States. Our Constitution sets us apart from everyone else in the world, period. We are a free people, inasmuch as we demand that our elected employees honor and obey our Constitution. We have to be the envy of the world, in that, as mere citizens, we may keep and bear arms.

For the past 8 years, at least, we`ve been seen just like our "leadership", as weak-willed, impotent, cowardly, and ineffective. I believe at one time, the United States were seen as that great shining city on a hill, a beacon of freedom and liberty, and a people with a moral compass, willing to make sacrifice for not just ourselves, but at times, for the world. There`s a "quote" that floats around, and although it`s likely not really attributable to anyone, I fancy it. It goes like this: "In all of time, there have been only two people who willingly give up their lives for the world: they are number one, Jesus Christ, and number two, the American GI." For all our warts and obvious flaws, America once was a great force for good, but no longer, as we`re now rotting from within.

All that said, King Jesus is still on His Throne, and His Will, will be done. Wherever America goes from here, it is related to end-times prophesy, and must come to pass. I don`t know the timing of it all, but I believe strongly we`re at the precipice of the Rapture. Time will tell of course.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    What is the source of your pride?

What if the rest of the world considered Americans unquestioning captives, ruled by the U.S. government?

Would you simply dismiss what they think as jealousy or, more properly, be jealous that the rest of the world still thinks?

MY pride comes from knowing what America once was, and is capable of becoming again. We once were a nation of rugged individuals. We understood, and even embraced ruggedness, individualism, duty, honor, and sacrifice. We didn`t offer up "safe rooms" to eighteen year olds, our eighteen year olds were storming beaches, and liberating the world. I don`t expect people who have never been free to understand us, it`s not reasonable. Moreover, there are those across the globe who embrace, as do some in America, a politically correct agenda. A liberal, evil agenda, meant to keep the enslaved as such, and tear down what freedom there is that already exists. Whether there are those who have never been free and cannot understand a free nation, or if they come from an adversarial position, I reject their attacks and criticisms. America must do what is right for us, and moreso, what is simply right, regardless of whatever the world believes.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Whether there are those who have never been free and cannot understand a free nation, or if they come from an adversarial position, I reject their attacks and criticisms. America must do what is right for us, and moreso, what is simply right, regardless of whatever the world believes.

Better, but don't reject attacks and criticisms, meet them, discover and do what must be done to truly negate them.

Top Bottom