How Does the The World View The United States?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Considering how powerful our military is I find it somewhat difficult to believe that anyone would look at our country and say to themselves; "Gee, we could take that country if it wasn't for the civilians that own guns."

Those civilians vote. Kinda stopped an anti gunner last election. She even voiced concern (real or fake) over Trump supporters taking to the streets in riot, should she win. If a candidate was fronted by outside folks trying to take down this country...........the gun owners would be a threat at the ballot box, and afterward. As it should be.

Always the threat..........to those who would try to ruin this great experiment.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I originally thought this could qualify as a political topic, but opted to put it here. Judge for yourself. Firearm possession in America is well reported upon around the world. Do you think the rest of the world, mainly countries that would overtly attack our mainland , are affected by our firearms ownership? Some people are willing to attack us from within despite that. Even going so far as to use our liberal laws to their benefit. I always feel that there is that next country waiting to take advantage of the optimum window to attack us, but is factoring in our firearm ownership,and would be deterred.Thoughts on this?

It seems to have worked for the Swedes for quite a while. Still working for the Swiss (along with geography)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd imagine using a nuke as an EMP to knock out our power grid would be the way you'd start an invasion in today's world. Hell, knock out the grid and wait for a year or two and a large percentage of our population would be dead. Then you invade and gun ownership won't matter because there would be so few people left.

But you have to wonder what the point of an attack like that would be. Who wants to take over an entirely destroyed country? What would the purpose be?

Everybody wants to rule the world - TFF

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I have no thoughts on how the world views us because I truly don't care. They don't understand American culture because they are the descendants of cowards.
    We are the descendants of people who had the balls to give up everything they owned, everything they knew, to get on some flimsy little sailing ship and risk everything to spend weeks crossing a vast ocean to get here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I remember reading somewhere that if the Japanese would have mounted a full scale invasion on California immediately following Pearl Harbor, they could have potentially made it as far as the Rocky Mountains before we would have been able to mount an effective counter offensive on the mainland.

Exactly. An invading forced the size of which, would be needed to occupy the US would number in the tens, if not a hundred, of millions. An army that size does not exist that is controlled or could be sustained by any country or current alliance of countries without including our own. And taking this country by force would ruin almost everything any invading country could be seeking to gain. So it would never happen. It would make more sense, and be much easier to influence those already in the mindset to seek power in our country to be a puppet for an outside interest.

IDK. I don't see any of the hipsters I know becoming wolverines. Not even sure they know which end of a gun is the business end

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I'd imagine using a nuke as an EMP to knock out our power grid would be the way you'd start an invasion in today's world. Hell, knock out the grid and wait for a year or two and a large percentage of our population would be dead. Then you invade and gun ownership won't matter because there would be so few people left.

But you have to wonder what the point of an attack like that would be. Who wants to take over an entirely destroyed country? What would the purpose be?

Just recently read this. I now consider it required reading for anyone concerned about SHTF scenarios. Unlike most books of the genre, it is VERY well written and thought out.

William R. Forstchen holds a Ph.D. in History from Purdue University with a specialization in military history.
    He is the author of over forty books, several of which have been New York Times best sellers.

One Second After by William R. Forstchen

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Generally speaking, I don`t give a damn about what anyone else in the world thinks of the United States. Our Constitution sets us apart from everyone else in the world, period. We are a free people, inasmuch as we demand that our elected employees honor and obey our Constitution. We have to be the envy of the world, in that, as mere citizens, we may keep and bear arms.

For the past 8 years, at least, we`ve been seen just like our "leadership", as weak-willed, impotent, cowardly, and ineffective. I believe at one time, the United States were seen as that great shining city on a hill, a beacon of freedom and liberty, and a people with a moral compass, willing to make sacrifice for not just ourselves, but at times, for the world. There`s a "quote" that floats around, and although it`s likely not really attributable to anyone, I fancy it. It goes like this: "In all of time, there have been only two people who willingly give up their lives for the world: they are number one, Jesus Christ, and number two, the American GI." For all our warts and obvious flaws, America once was a great force for good, but no longer, as we`re now rotting from within.

All that said, King Jesus is still on His Throne, and His Will, will be done. Wherever America goes from here, it is related to end-times prophesy, and must come to pass. I don`t know the timing of it all, but I believe strongly we`re at the precipice of the Rapture. Time will tell of course.

"Have no fear for atomic energy
    'Cause none of them can stop the time
    How long shall they kill our prophets
    While we stand aside and look
    Some say it's just a part of it
    We've got to fulfill the book"

The Rastas know

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    IDK. I don't see any of the hipsters I know becoming wolverines. Not even sure they know which end of a gun is the business end

Even if no hipsters turn wolverine, I'm talking about the sheer size of our country. An occupation force large enough to successfully hold the US captive doesn't exist.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Even if no hipsters turn wolverine, I'm talking about the sheer size of our country. An occupation force large enough to successfully hold the US captive doesn't exist.

Of course ...but size and strength is not required for this sort of success, only cunning deception.

Give us comfortable lies to adopt and we'll captivate ourselves. ;)

We are rather self-captivating.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    Of course ...but size and strength is not required for this sort of success, only cunning deception.

The wise man built his house upon the Rock.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is where I agree with ATM. I think Rural America needs to fight to keep the part of it's individualist identity while not being seduced by the allure of group think even from the right. Nationalism is just another form of group think. There is no individual winner in these gotcha last games.

Top Bottom