How has the events with Best Korea changed your emergency plans?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They haven't changed them one bit. Way I see it they pose no immediate threat to us, any missile fired would be shot down long before it got here.

I do not have the same faith in our system. Not the people manning the military just the ones calling the shots.
    Do we actually have a system capable of interception and destroying the target.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Why do so many people wait until the last minute to make preparations.
    This azzhat has been a thorn in the world AND his own country for quite a while now.
    Too bad that country doesn't have anything the US or free world needs. This crap would have been resolved long ago.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Actually the threads about our folks traveling with the masses to and from the freaking eclipse was more of a wakeup call than NK.

I'm ready enough for an EMP. It's tough to prepare for the masses of left coast loons and illegals that will migrate this way when they get hit with one though.

...Do we actually have a system capable of interception and destroying the target.

I fear this is a pipe dream. It's tough to believe that this hasn't been used yet since this administration has taken over.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually the threads about our folks traveling with the masses to and from the freaking eclipse was more of a wakeup call than NK.

I'm ready enough for an EMP. It's tough to prepare for the masses of left coast loons and illegals that will migrate this way when they get hit with one though.

I fear this is a pipe dream. It's tough to believe that this hasn't been used yet since this administration has taken over.

I have no direct fear of NK but yes, issues they might cause will tidal wave over us.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    Haven't changed my plans, however I did have a refresher with my kin as to what to do if things get hot. There were a few new questions/problems that were brought up, and we decided how to meet these new challenges.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haven't changed my plans, however I did have a refresher with my kin as to what to do if things get hot. There were a few new questions/problems that were brought up, and we decided how to meet these new challenges.

This has been a regular discussion with my kids. How what when and where.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    What is it you think we have that can reliably shoot down an ICBM? Links are awesome.

Ground Based Interceptors are realistically the only line of defense against an ICBM fired toward the continental United States; Aegis and THAAD would likely have better chances during the boost phase or at least give multiple 'bites of the apple'.

This is, of course, assuming that the Norks would actually fire an ICBM in anger against the United States and it has enough range to get here and that they actually have a miniaturized fusion weapon for aforementioned ICBM...which IMO are all pretty darn big assumptions.

If I were in Tokyo or Seoul, I'd be a LOT more concerned than anywhere in Indiana, or Chicago, or even the left coast.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Things will be dicier when the NOKO Chubster gets his hands on MRV or MIRV technology. A single missile is one thing, but when you add multiple re-entry vehicles each with their own warhead, things get a little complicated.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Not directly due to NK, but I added some potassium iodide to the supplies. Too many people with potential access to radioactive materials to not have some simple pills on hand.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Ground Based Interceptors are realistically the only line of defense against an ICBM fired toward the continental United States; Aegis and THAAD would likely have better chances during the boost phase or at least give multiple 'bites of the apple'.

This is, of course, assuming that the Norks would actually fire an ICBM in anger against the United States and it has enough range to get here and that they actually have a miniaturized fusion weapon for aforementioned ICBM...which IMO are all pretty darn big assumptions.

If I were in Tokyo or Seoul, I'd be a LOT more concerned than anywhere in Indiana, or Chicago, or even the left coast.

The only chances are if a missile is intercepted as it's "lifting off", as said.

Once something "goes ballistic" - it cannot be stopped. Unless that new rail-gun or LASER weapons tech is up to the task. It MAY be - but who knows. I hope we don't ever have to find out.

That's IF the Best Koreans have the hardware - and who knows if they do. I hope they don't.

Top Bottom