How long should you have to stay in prison for killing someone ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Lol at LE being a "money maker." Money is in private prisons, not state prisons or local jails. If LE was really a money maker IMPD would have a fleet that din't have 17-year old cars still being driven daily. And if you think courts make money, go sit in on a hearing sometime and see how many defendants actually have to pay fines or court costs.
    You're just not seeing the money or by you I mean your department. The govt is getting it. The city. The Feds.
    Of coarse it's not the ground pounders.
    The govt is making a **** load of money off all of this.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Regardless of what offense someone is serving time for they are still spending 24/7 learning how to be better educated criminals. I would agree that they systrm and some of it's programs have gotten too comfortable. But having worked as a court deputy in the past believe me when I tell you those tv's and commisary actually can help curb trouble inside. When people have nothing to lose they become very unstable which leads to a number of bad issues. It only take one inmate in a cell or pod to stir up the rest and before long it becomes very volitile
    Yeah I've known prison guards. Also know that's how the majority of contraband gets in prisons.
    The ones on life sentences needs a concrete box with a hole. That's it. The others. I have ideas but they will never fly with the *****s running these places and ***** tree huggers in everything

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You're just not seeing the money or by you I mean your department. The govt is getting it. The city. The Feds.
    Of coarse it's not the ground pounders.
    The govt is making a **** load of money off all of this.

Can you provide some kind of proof of that? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I don't see where the money is flowing in to Indianapolis through the criminal justice system. And if the city is getting all this money, its not going to IMPD. IFD probably, but not IMPD.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The big issue is that there was no criminal intent involved. Had there been criminal intent, the time would have been much longer. As a biker and an officer, I was absolutely blown away when this tragedy happened. It blackened the eye of law enforcement as a whole and the fact that he didn't have the balls to "man up" and admit he was drunk by contesting lack of intoxication until the end makes it worse on the friends and family members. If I'm not mistaken, he was involved in another accident involving operating under the influence in Lawrence while waiting for this case to go to court, but don't quote me on that. 100% feel for you on the short sentence as there was also official misconduct involved, but high-powered attorneys and lack of a previous criminal record helped him achieve a lighter sentence.
    Even worse, they want to now SHORTEN his already TOO short sentence!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The big issue is that there was no criminal intent involved.

Perhaps not malicious intent, but it wasn't an accident that he got drunk, and it wasn't an accident that he was driving.
    I understand that the .08% limit is sometimes surpassed without really feeling much affect. I've never heard of someone at .16% not knowing that he was drunk.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The big issue is that there was no criminal intent involved. Had there been criminal intent, the time would have been much longer. As a biker and an officer, I was absolutely blown away when this tragedy happened. It blackened the eye of law enforcement as a whole and the fact that he didn't have the balls to "man up" and admit he was drunk by contesting lack of intoxication until the end makes it worse on the friends and family members. If I'm not mistaken, he was involved in another accident involving operating under the influence in Lawrence while waiting for this case to go to court, but don't quote me on that. 100% feel for you on the short sentence as there was also official misconduct involved, but high-powered attorneys and lack of a previous criminal record helped him achieve a lighter sentence.
    Of course Bisard didn't intend to kill anyone!
    But "no criminal intent involved"? I can't buy that!
    Did the man drink, then drive? Was it intentional or accidental?
    what is IMPD policy on alcohol before or during your shift?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Of course Bisard didn't intend to kill anyone!
    But "no criminal intent involved"? I can't buy that!
    Did the man drink, then drive? Was it intentional or accidental?
    what is IMPD policy on alcohol before or during your shift?

There was no criminal intent on his part as far him killing another person. I can't speak to the intent to drink and drive. As far as policy goes, absolutely no alcoholic beverages while on duty or in uniform, with some special exception made for detectives in an undercover capacity. I'll have to find the exact wording, but the policy says no consumption of alcoholic beverages at least 8 hours before going on-duty.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There was no criminal intent on his part as far him killing another person. I can't speak to the intent to drink and drive. As far as policy goes, absolutely no alcoholic beverages while on duty or in uniform, with some special exception made for detectives in an undercover capacity. I'll have to find the exact wording, but the policy says no consumption of alcoholic beverages at least 8 hours before going on-duty.
    Well **** sign me up for undercover detective! Yeah I'd like to turn in my expense reports for the week sir
    .. 30 bottles of vodka?!! He was Russian sir

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I've known prison guards. Also know that's how the majority of contraband gets in prisons.
    The ones on life sentences needs a concrete box with a hole. That's it. The others. I have ideas but they will never fly with the *****s running these places and ***** tree huggers in everything

There is absolutely no doubt that there are corrupt CO's/prison guards etc working within the system. However I think you would be surprised at how a good deal of contraband gets into jails/prisons. Certainly some comes from guards but I am not convenced that's how the majority comes in. When I was a court deputy it was almost a daily occurance to remove contraband that a lawyer or para legal assistant passed off to their client in a holding cell, sitting at the table in court, in the hall ways plus stuff we took from inmates that they had gotten in other ways.
    Now I totally agree those for example that are serving life sentences should only have the basic bare necessities. The system is a mess and too often we have heard of someone getting a sentence that most of us think is ridiculous.

Top Bottom