How many rounds of 22 did you keep on before Sandy Hook?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many rounds of 22 rimfire did you stock, in the past?

• Total voters

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Only- no. There are people who only have a single gun. However, if you have any kind of collection and/or want to shoot a lot, then a .22 is almost required.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Didn't own a 22 in over 20 years... Until Grandpa bought one for my son this Christmas. Been struggling to find ANY that wasn't as expensive as 9mm per shot until recent. Son wants to try Appleseed but can't get enough for him to train on the new gun AND have enough for the Appleseed weekend.

Now that we have a 22 I'll do my best to stock up like I did with my other calibers. :)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    It will catch up with you too Miguel!

???

I thought all people over 50 owned a 22! :)

Shotguns and pistols from as far back as I can remember but I have never owned a rifle. Carried and shot a lot of rifles in the Army and my wife has a little .22 Llama revolver so I guess there is one.22 in the house. However when I go to shoot what I consider to be a lot it is 9mm and .45 ACP with the occasional box or two of 12ga. I try to get to the range at least once or twice a week and usually go through 150 to 250 rounds a session that is why I got into reloading. :fogey: :)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Two bricks is what I always keep on hand. It is usually how much I shot a year. Guess I should have picked up the pace a little earlier than I did. I have 3000 minimum now, which I have.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Well, this poll has played out about like I expected it would. The silent majority are fine with having something less than 5K rounds of 22 ammo on-hand, while others can be quite vociferous in declaring their goal of having a good deal more than that. God, I love this country! :)

:patriot:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, this poll has played out about like I expected it would. The silent majority [STRIKE]are fine[/STRIKE] were fine before this shortage with having something less than 5K rounds of 22 ammo on-hand, while others can be quite vociferous in declaring their goal of having a good deal more than that. God, I love this country! :)

:patriot:

FTFY

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Ammo

I haven't bought any ammo since Sandy Hook. Rearranged the gun safe the other evening and decided to count.
    380 auto-----600rds
    44 mag----- 1000+ rds
    9mm-----------300rds
    40 s+w---------150 rds
    38 spec.--------325 rds
    45 auto----------575 rds
    223------------160 rds gotta correct that
    22 mag---------250 rds
    22 short------175 rds
    22long------11500+
    Don't have a gun to shoot some of those calibers.
    Guess I'll hang on to it, might need it some day.

Reason for so many 22's, when ever I was some place that sold ammo I would always pick up a brick or two.
    Not a hoarder because haven't bought one bullet since ammo went crazy.

Hickory

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have always kept a metric crap ton of .22lr on hand. Having a machinegun that shoots .22 made me keep a lot on hand. I pretty much always pick up a brick any time I find myself at a place that sells such things regardless of what I have on hand.

I wish I did that.

I was stupid, and bought my first .22 rifle a couple months before Sandy Hook. I took it for granted that I could get as much as I want at my local Wal-Mart.

I only have 2 550 round boxes.

I should have stocked up. Heck, I should have stocked up on everything...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had around 15k and may be getting close to 10k here pretty soon. I won't pay current prices. I certainly have learned a lesson about stocking up after this.

Top Bottom