How many women on here would like to see a singles forum?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Bacon and spinach. Spinach and bacon. Irresistible! And cigars and scotch! Gunpowder and cigar smoke. You must remind me of my dad. No! Wait...

See what happens when you let guys sneak in here.. I apologize. Couldn't resist. Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa. I will now try and shut up.

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    You could find a guy that interests you and shoot them a PM. You can initiate things. As a poster said above, it is 2014. :)

I don't have the time or inclination to actively fish. Lately anyone single who stays up past midnight and has descent grammar and spelling is interesting. :)

I will respond back but I don't generally initiate contact. In person perhaps but not online.

This is interesting. It also seems to go to the point I made earlier. I'd be interested if you would elaborate on why the men are scary and what they're doing... ...unless we're talking about one specific guy. Then it may be best if we don't unroll that issue here.

I wish it were just one, I seem to attract special people, my friends tell me it's because I am too nice. :) Scary might be too strong of word but I am using it for lack of a better word.

How about the men who want to talk dirty but don't want a real relationship to go with it. I need at least a range trip in the deal before a man starts telling me the kinds of things he would like to do with me. :)

Lonely guys who want someone but can't get beyond the 1990's to start a new beginning. Most conversations with them involve events and people from several years ago. Or the constant talk of the ex that did them wrong.

Or the angry men with the unresolved anger they can't let go of. They are always negative and draining. I'm too happy and upbeat to want to spend time at their pity party. Do something about the things that anger you or shut the hell up. Please don't try to drag me down with you.

The white knights who want to talk but then don't answer back after I respond to them. Why contact me to talk if you don't want to really talk?

My absolute favorite are the ones who want to marry me after only a few days or a couple of weeks.

He made a harmless comment and you went off on him? This may not be helping your cause. You're supposed to get them hooked in before you show your true self. ;)

That's not what happened, I'm not like that. It takes a lot for me to get sh*tty with people, but when I do, I do it very well. :)

He sent me a pm regarding the song title thread and Lori's thread, I hadn't been online much prior so I had no clue what he was talking about. I thought he thought I was hitting on him so I justified my song selections. Several hours later I found Lori's thread and realized what he was actually talking about.

It was no big deal, my point was that because I do get weird pm's some times I don't always know how to respond when I get normal ones.

I generally agree with this. Though, it may take some effort and initiative on your part as well. You may need to PM someone first or go to some events. You may want to organize one. Either way, I think its best when it happens on its own out of regular social interaction.

Negative on me making the first move. I may actively flirt in a thread but I won't contact anyone first. I'm old school.

I agree with this. Nothing forced ever flourishes. It's better when things just happen. I attend most nearby events when I can. I always check in at the INGO booth at the 1500. I even plan to go next Saturday.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot going on in this area. With the weird hours I keep I could just be missing the Indy area M&G's. I went to one of the Southside M&G's at the pizza place last spring. That was fun but I was probably the only single person there but I wasn't fishing so I don't really know.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Wait.
    Were there posts deleted?
    I'm trying to see if I was the asshat.
    In my defense, gungirl is too far away.

I thought we already cleared that one up. The answer is yes.

Your horse would probably go through too many shoes just to get here. I understand. :wwub:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Lori was asking for feedback from singles. Only the married crew responded. Unfortunately this is typical. People are single because they are too shy or insecure to do anything about it.

I am single and I responded. So there are a few single guys on the board.

I met my late wife on the internet. It's possible to met nice people on line.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought we already cleared that one up. The answer is yes.

Your horse would probably go through too many shoes just to get here. I understand. :wwub:

My horse is plum wore out after trying a 300 mile relation with a girl i was in love with.
    The problem, distance.
    And the fact she was not in love with me.
    I know. Seems hard to believe.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My horse is plum wore out after trying a 300 mile relation with a girl i was in love with.
    The problem, distance.
    And the fact she was not in love with me.
    I know. Seems hard to believe.

I hate to admit it but I've already been there and done that too. The first guy I dated when I reentered the game was one of them. He lived 3 1/2 hours away.

The miles we could have eventually over come but he lived very much in the past and was still angry about events 10 years prior. His posts are usually quite sarcastic and twisted. I would have never contacted him first because I knew from his posts he was too unhappy to be with someone like me. I'm usually pretty happy and bubbly. Grumpy and angry just isn't a good match for me.

Unfortunately, he contacted me and I saw the lighter more likable side. I even grew to love him but he was incapable of loving me back. Was I in love with him, probably not. But I did enjoy spending time with him and hanging out online with him. In the end I guess we just wanted different things.

The distance and circumstances at the time made it hard to find email and phone time for each other. I wasn't a priority to him. I complained about it, he never spoke to me again.

I received no closure what so ever from him, just silence. In hindsight I thought perhaps I had been too harsh in my last email to him so I apologized for my perceived bad behavior. Still no response. I didn't want him back but I was saddened by his inability to be my friend but that is probably just as well.

So you know what I did? I said to hell with him and I moved on. That's all I could do. He was a learning experience. He helped me move on from my marriage, perhaps a stepping stone and a lesson was all he was meant to be.

It's been almost two years since we've spoken, he's mostly just a memory now. Most days if I see him online I have a hard time remembering his real name.

We all have had bad experiences, the best we can do is learn from them and then pick ourselves up and try again when the timing is right.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am single and I responded. So there are a few single guys on the board.

I met my late wife on the internet. It's possible to met nice people on line.

Yea, but your like an open book around here, and its obvious how addicted to your builds you are.... Anybody who would be interested can see that you never leave the garage except for winter!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yea, but your like an open book around here, and its obvious how addicted to your builds you are.... Anybody who would be interested can see that you never leave the garage except for winter!

Oh that hurts :(. I just need to find a gal that like to hang around a builder's shop. She's out there. you'll see!! Na probably not. She'd probably wanna use my guns on me.. Oh not so good....lol

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Lori was asking for feedback from singles. Only the married crew responded. Unfortunately this is typical. People are single because they are too shy or insecure to do anything about it.

It would be great to meet like minded men we share common ground with but I'm not sure that is possible here, at least not publically.

Do I want to publically fish for INGO men. Hell no!!!!!!! I try to participate in various threads. I make my views known. I have made it known I am single. I even have a pic from last year on my profile somewhere. So the rest is up to the men. I don't know how else to do it here Lori. I have found that I kind of quit looking because I'm busy and some of the men here downright scare me. For whatever reason by not looking the men seem to find me and contact me.

Unfortunately it is not always the cream of the crop that contact me. My favorite is the "oh if you ever need anyone to talk to I am here if you want to talk" Don't bother sending an email because then they ignore you. Note to asshat, this is what earned you an asshat title. You had your chance, your loss, now move along.

Unfortunately, due to all the truly dysfunctional INGO men who have contacted me and spooked me, I am now borderline flakey. Any man that contacts me almost scares me. I had a nice guy last week make a perfectly harmless comment in a PM and I felt the need to defend my prior actions. So he obviously has not contacted me since.

Personally I think the best you can do here is make your likes and dislikes known and see what swims up to the net to meet you.

Quit calling me scary

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Go to the 1500 in a couple of weeks. Carefully note the dress and grooming of the typical attendee. Report back regarding the wisdom of moving forward with the singles forum.

Top Bottom