• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Probably around .32-.33 per round shipped. I'm fairly flush on 5.56, so maybe not at that price. I would have a real hard time turning it down at .24 or less per round shipped.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have no preference for M855 over other types of 223/556 so unless it's cheap I'm not buying!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    M855 & SS109 are really not that great of a bullet if you are going for any level of accuracy.
    I have some socked away and won't shoot any until the smoke clears around this ban.
    Hopefully it will get struck down and go back to normal.

Hoarders vindicated!
    I'm sure there's a lot of them saying "I told you so...'

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was at my old gun store in MI today and when I first walked in I saw 5.56 55gr cases marked for 700.00/1000, 20rd boxes of X-Tac were 15.00. It disgusted me and I didn't end up getting what I went for. I'm sure i'm not the only one that noticed. You'll lose customers for that kind of short-sighted nonsense. I know if the old man was alive he'd slap his grandson silly that runs the place now.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Hoarders vindicated!
    I'm sure there's a lot of them saying "I told you so...'

That's a really good way to phrase it. And one of these 2 guys said that as well (can't remember which):

[video=youtube;bgyzzzai-Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyzzzai-Ow[/video]

[video=youtube;mGxepK6_650]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxepK6_650[/video]

May as well throw in MACs video as well:

[video=youtube;6PaIIChRMBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaIIChRMBw[/video]

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    How about a compromise? Every round of M855 will be microstamped with a warning: "This round is not to be used in a handgun for the purposes of defeating police body armor"?

Win-win.

Actually ALL ammo could be micro-posted: "Danger: Firearm ammunition can be harmful to children and other living things. Do not use this ammunition in a gun-free zone, to deter would-be rapists or to resolve gang disputes. Violation of this warning will result in a stern warning from the president and lots of hashtag tweets, new laws and regulations."

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Can someone explain why this round is better than any other? I'm not looking for it and will buy anything that is reasonably priced to shoot. By "reasonable" I mean NOT what people are charging for this high-speed green tipped round.
    It's not. M855 is crap as far as accuracy is concerned. Army accuracy pass/fail spec is around 6 moa. It has always amazed me that people paid what they did for this stuff even before the ban.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I won't pay anything for it because I don't need it.
    If I needed it, I wouldn't pay anymore than what it was going for before this news broke.
    I shoot 60gr. V- max in my bolt gun, and I have enough 55gr. FMJ for my AR.

Top Bottom