• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    How about a compromise? Every round of M855 will be microstamped with a warning: "This round is not to be used in a handgun for the purposes of defeating police body armor"?

Win-win.

Actually ALL ammo could be micro-posted: "Danger: Firearm ammunition can be harmful to children and other living things. Do not use this ammunition in a gun-free zone, to deter would-be rapists or to resolve gang disputes. Violation of this warning will result in a stern warning from the president and lots of hashtag tweets, new laws and regulations."

Instead of banning green tip, just make sure local cops have the correct level vest to stop rifle... level 4 I think?

The talking heads keep focusing on it being able to pierce a vest, but what if they got shot in the face?
    This ammo isn't a problem in crimes anyway... just Obama's crimes against us law abiding gun owners...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Instead of banning green tip, just make sure local cops have the correct level vest to stop rifle... level 4 I think?

The talking heads keep focusing on it being able to pierce a vest, but what if they got shot in the face?
    This ammo isn't a problem in crimes anyway... just Obama's crimes against us law abiding gun owners...

Level 4 will stop rifle fire. A level 4 vest weighs about 42 pounds if memory serves. Getting in an out of a Crown Vic/Charger/Caprice/Taurus umpteen-zillion times a days? I'm thinking I wouldn't be writing too many tickets. I'm guessing SWAT teams wear level 4 (I wonder why they wear multi cam/OCP, are they in Kabul?? But that's another thread.) but patrol officers and level 2A seems like a good protection/mobility compromise.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Considering today's decision not to ban green tip, I'll pay about .30 a round. This offer is good for all those who paid .60 cents to a $1 a round during the panic. In box me if interested.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Level 4 will stop rifle fire. A level 4 vest weighs about 42 pounds if memory serves. Getting in an out of a Crown Vic/Charger/Caprice/Taurus umpteen-zillion times a days? I'm thinking I wouldn't be writing too many tickets. I'm guessing SWAT teams wear level 4 (I wonder why they wear multi cam/OCP, are they in Kabul?? But that's another thread.) but patrol officers and level 2A seems like a good protection/mobility compromise.

It's settled then.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    At this point we have to resist the urge to buy it all up as it returns to the marketplace. It will have a higher price for a while now until the vendors realuze they can't sell it at that price and go lower. It won't cost them more than it did so don't pay more than YOU did, please. Otherwise like .22LR, it will be scarce and people will start fillping it for profit. I am not saying this isn't their right, I am saying it is your right not to pay as well. THAT will make any sort of rush and scarcity end fast and things will go back to how they were before all of this hullabaloo.

It is up to everyone, it means naught to me. I just wanted to try and show the way to stopping it before it starts. I am not going to go through a lot of crap to make all of you feel better or to say I am not saying this nor that or I am smarter than others either. Eceot for what I just sad you can take offense as you wish but nonr is meant.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    How many law enforcement officers have been shot by M855 ammunition AND/OR an AR pistol?

<crickets chirping>

What we need to be worried about is if they go for any caliber that can be chambered in an AR-15 pistol -- which would be over 50 calibers (including 9MM and .45 ACP).

Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    Yes I second that you still need to contact your congressmen senators. Tell them to change the law to not ban armor piercing ammo but better yet if you use it in the course of committing a crime, GOOD BY FREEDOOM. I am really getting tired of being guilty of doing something bad before I do. Hell that is why the second amendment is taxed to start with, YOU MIGHT DO SOMTHING BAD. There are so many laws on the books these days that even if you think you are being law abiding I am sure you have broke some law. Singing happy birthday that's right its copy righted, using a fake name on the internet violates the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, permanent markers. According to every anti-graffiti state law out there, it is illegal simply to possess "broad-tipped indelible markers" in a public place, because they can be used to commit acts of vandalism. So tell your congressmen stop making new laws and fix or enforce the old ones.

Just my humble opinion.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    At this point we have to resist the urge to buy it all up as it returns to the marketplace. It will have a higher price for a while now until the vendors realuze they can't sell it at that price and go lower. It won't cost them more than it did so don't pay more than YOU did, please. Otherwise like .22LR, it will be scarce and people will start fillping it for profit. I am not saying this isn't their right, I am saying it is your right not to pay as well. THAT will make any sort of rush and scarcity end fast and things will go back to how they were before all of this hullabaloo.

It is up to everyone, it means naught to me. I just wanted to try and show the way to stopping it before it starts. I am not going to go through a lot of crap to make all of you feel better or to say I am not saying this nor that or I am smarter than others either. Eceot for what I just sad you can take offense as you wish but nonr is meant.
    This ^^^

Top Bottom