• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    With The slow motion I seen that the showcase was the last thing the perf did.
    At first I though the gun on the right on the floor was dropped by the second perf.
    As many times I watched. I could not see to count any rounds being fired.

Where did you get the program that slowed down the video?

I've done video production for more than a decade. I was using Vegas Pro with a speed envelope to allow me to keyframe speed up and slow down. Took a couple minutes.

I tried to separate fields into frames, which is half the resolution but a no blurred frame. Unfortunately, the original was already a progressive frame from interlaced. I didn't feel like the workflow required to pipe into images to process and back out.

It seems like the gun in the perps right hand (on the left in the video) might touch off when it hits the ground, due to finger still in the trigger guard. I think that is what does the front of the case. There seems to be an obvious bullet impact that I can't see coming from the .45.

Seems like he got off two shots. One in control and one after the head shot. Although what I think is the first shot might actually be mist from the first .45 impact. Really hard to tell.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Here is a pic of the turd on go fund me, I love most of the comments.

https://www.gofundme.com/gone-to-soon-donavan-chopin
    Lol! He literally had a target on his forehead! And yes, the comments on the page are extremely entertaining, to say the least.

Also, I'm wondering if the other fine citizen in the go fund me pic is the second perp. How hilarious would that be for dead turds family to ass backwardly help get that guy busted?

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    The robber who got shot took his eyes off the employee because he was taking a second gun out of his waistband.
    I wonder if he was planning on holding both guns sideways gangster style too.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Always locked and loaded. Glock, 1911A1, S&W MP, 442 S&W. No reason not to have a round in the tube. A close friend of mine owned a local shop with his wife. They both carried behind the counter, and had the same issue occur. 40cal, and a 45ACP stopped the robbery. Few years later they retired, and closed the shop.
    Neither were charged, justified shoot/defense.
    Jim and Kathy?

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I too watched multiple times just by hitting the pause/play button, allows almost a frame by frame viewing. I thought the second shot by the shop owner broke the glass case, aiming at the perp as he was hitting the ground. In a frame by frame, youi can count the shots with the muzzle blast and see the ejected cases in mid air. I thought he fired 6 times before going off camera. No matter how he did it, we need more of the good guys with guns.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Top Bottom