• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Mom, you should tell the "idiot" that you will be having some friends over to shoot one weekend and let the Mosin guys and the class III guys on here come over and just terrorize him with noise. I bet it would be influential.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mom, you should tell the "idiot" that you will be having some friends over to shoot one weekend and let the Mosin guys and the class III guys on here come over and just terrorize him with noise. I bet it would be influential.

I am not class III but we have some seriously loud Stuff.....I am in.

I have an acetylene cannon. If you have ever heard one it is stupid loud.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have police reports and it does appear that the last officer to visit the neighbor did advise them to stop shooting until a proper backstop is in place. I have a call in to the DNR for their reports but they never answer their phone apparently so had to leave a voice mail. I also have several names of local foresters now through both the DNR and through Purdue and will be obtaining estimates. More calls to be made.

Quiet today...no deer in sight and only coyote tracks that appear to be fresh so at least hubby has something to shoot at out there. Not exactly meat for the freezer but less damage to my poultry and less likely to lose more of my cats if he takes them out.

Lets hope the forrestry guys do not start ducking rounds. If they did I would wager you get some quick action.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I am not class III but we have some seriously loud Stuff.....I am in.

I have an acetylene cannon. If you have ever heard one it is stupid loud.

Plus you can bring that Boy George poster that's hanging in your garage over to mom's place and we can ride our motorcycles around while shooting at it! , , , seems like Deja Vu, I know I've uttered those exact words at one time! , , weird.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Plus you can bring that Boy George poster that's hanging in your garage over to mom's place and we can ride our motorcycles around while shooting at it! , , , seems like Deja Vu, I know I've uttered those exact words at one time! , , weird.

How did you know about BG.....I am so ashamed......:):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Pretty soon we really may have to arrange this shooting party! I'm pretty sure the neighbor that was ducking bullets and hiding behind his tree would be in as well.

I called my dad and had a chat with him thinking he might know someone at the DNR I could call for better assistance since my dad has been a certified hunter safety instructor for years. He said to just call the headquarters for our area. When I told him what was going on, he also said to call the state police and ask for their help. I guess my next two things are contacting foresters for estimates on the damage and calling the Lowell post. I think he was mad that I hadn't called him sooner to let him know what was going on, but he is almost 80 and I didn't want him worrying about us.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Mom did mention that after the first talk with the guy he had friends over and an increase in shooting activity. I'm sure that was his way of saying F-U. That seems to be something he understands. He would definitely understand a shooting parting of your own. Especially if it were larger than his. No one need get hurt. Just out volume him. Class III would even be better. All with a safe backstop of course.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mom did mention that after the first talk with the guy he had friends over and an increase in shooting activity. I'm sure that was his way of saying F-U. That seems to be something he understands. He would definitely understand a shooting parting of your own. Especially if it were larger than his. No one need get hurt. Just out volume him. Class III would even be better. All with a safe backstop of course.

My crew packs heavy.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Can we see pictures of YOUR backstop? I would hate for this whole thread to be going this way bashing a guy for not using a backstop, when you yourself don't use a backstop.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Deleted. The short story is:

Guy on InGO catches relative stealing his kid's xmas presents.

Thread blows up here.

4chan gets hold of the story.

Relative's house is torched.

Thread gets deleted here.

Lots of mystery surrounding the whole thing. This was like 5-6 years ago.

This was my first thought when I started reading this thread, "I hope nobody suggests burning down the house, it didn't turn out so well the last time that was suggested"!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My backstop is a big dirt pile. Hubby has a backhoe and worked as a heavy equipment operator for many years...he knows how to play in the dirt! No pics of it and I'm not allowed in that area at the moment....somebody doesn't want me stirring up the deer any more. Our shooting area is well away from the other guy's property.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I thought we settled on a backdrop already. The BG poster that Bunnykid gave church mouse! Doesn't anyone pay attention?

Top Bottom