• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have a Glock 19 that shows a little holster wear, any advice on rebluing or what i can do to clean it up? Glock said i could send it in and they would do it for 40 bucks, but im to cheap! Lol :D

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have a Glock 19 that shows a little holster wear, any advice on rebluing or what i can do to clean it up? Glock said i could send it in and they would do it for 40 bucks, but im to cheap! Lol :D

It will cost you a lot more than $40 to do a DIY refinish on your Glock, an you will still have a blotchy looking slide. My advice would be to spend a few bucks and let Glock make it look brand spanking new.

I can't think of another manufacturer that will refinish their customer's pistol for a measly $40.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Glocks have no bluing on their slides, it's a tenifer coating so I dont think you can fix it yourself anyway.
    So if you want it fixed send it to Glock.
    But you say it's just a little holster wear, that is totally fine to have holster wear, that is even cool looking in my opinion.
    That shows that you use and carry the gun.
    I would not worry about it.
    I have seen guys carrying Glock with almost all the finish off and they are proud of it, they dont need to fix it and the gun doesnt rust or anything.
    So either dont do anything about it, or send it to Glock.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Any mods you guys suggest for me to do to my Glock? its my first Glock so im fairly new to them.

Have you shot it already?
    How well do you shoot it?

I dont see any mods that you NEED.Glocks are great out of the box, factory sights are great, factory trigger is great.
    If you want to spend money on it then buy ammo, and train.

I see so many people that get a gun and want to ad mods to it to make it better but they cant even shoot straight with the factory gun. :n00b:

Only change things once you get really familliar with your stock gun.
    Right now the best thing you can do to make your gun better is to get better as a shooter, invest in ammo rather than on trigger jobs and such.

:twocents:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Well i was thinking maybe a lighter trigger and i will HAVE to get night sights. My eyes arent the greatest and the stock sights arent very visible for me..

And to answer your question, no i have not shot it yet..

I have a walther p22 as my other gun and i carried it for personal protection for a year and i have kept track of the round count and i have put 42,000 rounds thru it! Still shoots like a champ, but it does need a new barrel :( so i do understand getting comfortable with a gun before mods, i completely agree with you!

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Any mods you guys suggest for me to do to my Glock? its my first Glock so im fairly new to them.
    GSSF Membership
    Armorers course
    9mm ammo
    G34

That covers the needs. For wants all my Glocks have Mep night sights, NY1 trigger spring Glock OEM "-" overall result is a trigger breaking ~1lb. lighter than the initial setup, but with a much firmer pull and reset that makes life very consistent for me. Also many like to swap around between target and non Target triggers, grooves vs. no grooves; I personally like the grooves the rest of the world seems to hate them, they were only ever there for ATF import points and a fairly cheap and easy thing to swap out once you know what you're doing.

They are great guns right out of the box, but many of us all have our own tastes and preferences, shoot it and get to see how you like it stock; and if you're going to get into messing with the internals, take the armorers course, learn what each part does and why it does it that way; there are many mods on the sales websites that will make a gun worse or be misleading (in some areas a lighter spring actually means heavier trigger pull, but that's not what the sales flyers say); that way if you do decide to tinker then you know what you're doing and how to fix it if you modify the reliability out of the pistol.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well i was thinking maybe a lighter trigger and i will HAVE to get night sights. My eyes arent the greatest and the stock sights arent very visible for me..

And to answer your question, no i have not shot it yet..

I have a walther p22 as my other gun and i carried it for personal protection for a year and i have kept track of the round count and i have put 42,000 rounds thru it! Still shoots like a champ, but it does need a new barrel :( so i do understand getting comfortable with a gun before mods, i completely agree with you!

Are you carrying it now, even though you haven't shot it yet? :dunno:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I may check into a armorers course, where offers that course? and also yes the bluing may eventually wear off but the bluing on this is worn and id like it to look new again, at least for awhile! :D

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Yes i am carrying it now. Shooting it tomorrow, i know its not best to carry a gun before you shoot it but i do it anyway. im used to shooting Glocks, my dad has a few of them and iv shot the A LOT!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes i am carrying it now. Shooting it tomorrow, i know its not best to carry a gun before you shoot it but i do it anyway. im used to shooting Glocks, my dad has a few of them and iv shot the A LOT!

Yeah make sure the one you have works.
    Even if it has been fired twice at the factory you should put some more rounds trough it just to be sure. :):

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Its not a new Glock, its a police trade in from the Virginia Beach Sheriff... its pretty cool that it has the sheriff shield engraved on the slide! very clean on the inside of the gun tho, just has some holster wear

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I like you sylvain! You understand what the word GLOCK means! lol :D

demotivational_glock_perfection.JPG

Yeah, the two rounds they shoot at the factory are a waste anyway because we all know Glocks are reliable even before they test it like that.
    Glocks are reliable at ANY stage of the factory line, even before they put on the barrel or even build the slide.
    I could carry a block of steel, that would later be turned into a Glock and already trust it like a Glock.
    That's how cool they are. :):

But still I would shoot it a few times with my carry ammo just to be extra sure. ;)

Top Bottom