• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    That is the result of some one using reload rounds with to much powder,, :xmad: lol

Yup, 'nuff said :D
    glock21kb1sh.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well this is what I did, my EDC G-23 was/is a well worn Police trade in too, well worn holster wear on the top and both sides of the slide. It was very shiny metal like bals spots...............I removed the internals, heated the slide with a torch, wetted a q-tip in Beachwood Casey Gun Blue, and slapped it down. It darkened the bald spots and blended in OK IMHO. Now years of carrying later, the blued parts are wearing thin, but since this is a caried alot/never seen by you type of gun, I figure the wear gives it character. Like this one i pick up tomorrow

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...197-wtt_wts_glock_22_40sw_detroit_police.html

Your PD trade should show wear............i would keep it that way!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Like others already stated, that $40 price is probably the cheapest route to take.

Personally, if this is going to be a carry gun I would not bother. All of my Glocks have quite a bit of slide wear from being carried everyday. Doesn't bother me one bit.
    As far as the tenifer goes, the slide wear has nothing to do with the tenifer. It is a treatment done to the steel, it is not what gives it the color. The slide wear does not affect the treatment.

Anyway, congrats on a great pistol! :yesway:

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    As far as the tenifer goes, the slide wear has nothing to do with the tenifer. It is a treatment done to the steel, it is not what gives it the color. The slide wear does not affect the treatment.

+1 on this. The holster wear will not affect the gun's ability to resist rust. The tennifer goes throughout the whole steel, it's not just a surface coat.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    LolOl you beat me to it.... Throw it away and get an XD. :laugh:

Well, if you throw it away, throw it my way! :):

By the way, the dull charcoal finish on a Glock is a parkerizing--it is neither bluing nor the tennifer treatment. Wear on the finish has no effect on the tennifer (nitriding) treatment, which is about 0.020" deep. It is, essentially, impossible to wear off the tennifer treatment.

Unless the wear is really obnoxiously excessive or you just can't stand it, suggest leaving it alone, as it has zero effect on the gun's function.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    good eye! Looks like it says 40-9, so I am assuming it's a 9mm Conversion barrel in a 40 Glock...

BTW, I just googled random Glock failures so I could :stickpoke:the FanBois :D

Got ya. I think your right. Never paid much attention to how Lone Wolf stamps their conversion barrels. As a fan boy :D I had to come to the defense of the object of my fandomness.:starwars:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Got ya. I think your right. Never paid much attention to how Lone Wolf stamps their conversion barrels. As a fan boy :D I had to come to the defense of the object of my fandomness.:starwars:

Fair enough :)

Shh, don't tell anybody, but... I honestly have nothing against Glocks, even almost bought a 26 but the XDsc fit my hand better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a Glock 19 that shows a little holster wear, any advice on rebluing or what i can do to clean it up? Glock said i could send it in and they would do it for 40 bucks, but im to cheap! Lol :D

It's a Glock... here's the fix for the finish concern for less than $2 :D

sharpie-tip-pen-by-juan-sanchez-13856-p.jpg

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I just want it to look good, and when it wears again I want it to be credited to me carrying it not another person that had it before me.. that's why I want to refinish it

Top Bottom