• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I saw this thread title, and that product immediately came to mind. Glad to see like-minded individuals about.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, use number 3 for this monstrosity: Camouflage for a new 1911. For 1911 addicts that have wives who don't share in the addiction, this is the best thing ever. From now on, every new 1911 can be smuggled into the house in this thing and the wife will never know. The best part is that it's so fugly, she would not think to look closer. If you add a bit of painters tape to each side of the slide, you might even get Serparacord to shoot an RIA when in one of these. Then again, maybe not since nobody in their right mind would leave the 1911 love glove on at the range.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I heard Walmart may start stocking them. They plan to put them in the empty 22lr area. It would make sense since it's cheap Chinese plastic crap it's right up there alley.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ugly, without a doubt. Will not be making any "safe queens" with this item. Though if it gives the user the degree of functionality they need to make their existing 1911 (if not their only pistol period) the fighting tool they need without the expense and hassle of sinking more money into another 1911, then I'll give it a pass. I mean, it's not like it's a permanent alteration, and if anything it'll at least scratch guard what it covers.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Though an obvious downside will be that there are probably no holsters out there yet (if ever) to accommodate this... piece. So I just torpedoed my own little bit of charitable open-mindedness. :rolleyes:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I just got the Cabelas fall catalog, I opened to the shooting section, and there they were. I thought they were relegated to Sportsman's Guide junk. They are making their way to prime-time.

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It does run against the Gun Enthusiast Code (G.E.C) of:
    Hold on, I just thought of another good use for these things: Buy one and put it on the gun. Then when your wife asks if that's a new gun, reply that it is not and is just a plastic cover that makes it look completely different. Show her how the cover comes off. Next, remove the plastic cover thingy and throw it away. You now have the ability to bring any new gun into the house and if the wife asks: 'Is that new?', you can say that, no, it's just another plastic cover thingy. This will work for many handguns, but if you push it too far, could backfire. If you significant other is not too observant, you can use this to slip a new pocket gun past him or her, but if you try to bring a new Mossberg 500 into the house with this excuse, you will most likely fail.

:lol2:

Top Bottom