• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lieutenant Harry Thomas breaks down the transformation of law enforcement in the past 40 years. He rips the no-knock raids, the corrupt Drug War, the forfeiture racket, the militarization of police and the overt violence of the process.

How to serve a warrant: 1972 versus today, by Lt. Harry Thomas | Police State USA

SWAT_Entry.jpg
    I well remember the first time my agency pulled one of these stunts and scared an innocent old lady damned near to death. Our chief did the one thing in his career that I actually admired. He sent down word that if any of our personnel ever again kicked down an innocent citizen’s door, that they should send back the search warrant return with their badge pinned to it since they wouldn’t be needing it anymore. It never happened again.

How did this happen? How did we go, in a few short years, from a beat cop knocking on a door to a full scale military assault reminiscent of Iwo Jima, over somebody selling somebody else a bag of weed?

It’s because of the biggest failed social experiment in this country’s history, the Drug War.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Very nice write up. He explains it the same way a retired cop did to me. I'm afraid the tricks been out of the bag too long now to ever go away.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well that was just about one stupid and slanted article. Someone with an agenda is how it sounds to me. SO was it really about no knock warrants or was it really about cops with FA guns, armored vehicles, dope smokers rights and asset seizure? Weird thing is in my 13 years of policing I have never been on one single warrant service like described. No knock warrants happen from time to time and for the right reasons. I would bet some good money that the dear ole LT. would not be to interested in knocking on some of today's criminals doors.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Fricken cops have ruined the country, the rest of society is just as it was back then. What a great country we would live in if it weren't for stinkin cops.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Everyone stop talking about cops. The cops are here.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Fricken cops have ruined the country, the rest of society is just as it was back then. What a great country we would live in if it weren't for stinkin cops.

Just a bunch of thugs packing machine guns kicking in grandmas door every single night

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Sorry, j706, but there will NEVER be the "right reason" for a no-knock raid. You are obviously a part of the problem we have today, just keep carrying out your orders. Police in my town did a raid on a house for a "drug dealer" recently.. Had a tank, robots, swat team from a larger city... The guy wasn't home! It wasn't even his house! They broke a window to flash bang him, kicked in the front door, and tore tha**** out of the house, for nothing. We have a simple set of rules for this procedure, FOLLOW THEM or pick a new profession!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Can't say I disagree with you. Nice to see you guys eating one of your own.

Oh, was that meant to be purple?

At certain times your own needs eaten. I do not know anything about the writer of the article but it is more than obvious that he has a chubby over something other than what he wrote about. News flash...the days of six shot revolvers, no body armor, goofy looking hats and little wooden clubs are over.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Sorry, j706, but there will NEVER be the "right reason" for a no-knock raid. You are obviously a part of the problem we have today, just keep carrying out your orders. Police in my town did a raid on a house for a "drug dealer" recently.. Had a tank, robots, swat team from a larger city... The guy wasn't home! It wasn't even his house! They broke a window to flash bang him, kicked in the front door, and tore tha**** out of the house, for nothing. We have a simple set of rules for this procedure, FOLLOW THEM or pick a new profession!

Is that right? What fantasy world are you living in?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I don't view the article as anti cop, just anti police militarization. I've talked to several retired cops in the area who openly criticize the frequent use of the SB swat team for things that a couple beat cops would have easily handled in years past.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I don't view the article as anti cop, just anti police militarization. I've talked to several retired cops in the area who openly criticize the frequent use of the SB swat team for things that a couple beat cops would have easily handled in years past.

99% of warrants are served by beat cops knocking on the front door. We do them routinely. But there will always be those select few that only a fool would consider walking up and knocking on the front door. Those are dealt with in another way and with good reason.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Exactly. The piece wasn't anti-cop, (hell, it was written by a retired cop who I have more than a bit of respect for), it was anti-militarisation, as you said. Cops who consistently deny this is occurring are either blind, faithful to the gang or lying. The proof is right in front of our eyes. Just because their department isn't excessively militarised yet doesn't mean it's not happening across the country. There are more departments than theirs in this country. And at least one of the responding cops in this thread is what I consider to be a tainted cop. He admittedly refuses to cite his fellow officers when they break the law. What else does he overlook? I'll take the good LT anyday.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I can see arguing over what laws should be enforced but that is an argument that needs to be taken up with the law makers, not enforcers.

On the enforcement side, it seems INGO is all about the concept "Always make sure you don't bring too much gun". I gotta say, that isn't the way I remember that saying. It is human nature, if I'm making rules that dictate how others behave then I don't have a problem limiting their actions. I'd have a problem with a bunch of cops kicking my door down with a wrong address no knock visit but my anger would be at their mistaken location not their logic in wanting to vastly overpower the bad guys.

Who goes somewhere KNOWING there will almost certainly be a fight and think to themselves "hmm, I don't want to be too prepared for this or my opponent won't have much of a chance and that isn't fair."

Top Bottom