• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I find that kinda ironic since you are the one who started out with the snide condescending posts...

You're right, I apologize. But, the google is your friend was not made in jest, maybe just the "oh geez" part in my other post. :)

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    You get the attitude you give. You start out with condescension, and you get vitriol in return.

J... I think you maybe need to read back several pages. The vitriol started back then with some your snide posts. If you want a legitimate discussion on the topic, then go for it. Now, I apologized for my snide response to your inquiry, move on with life. I'd shake hands, but Brownsburg is a drive for me.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    J... I think you maybe need to read back several pages. The vitriol started back then with some your snide posts. If you want a legitimate discussion on the topic, then go for it. Now, I apologized for my snide response to your inquiry, move on with life. I'd shake hands, but Brownsburg is a drive for me.

:rolleyes:

I asked how criminals were better armed now than they were before, and mentioned Thompsons and BARS being used long ago, and the Miami cocaine wars and the machine gunnings taking place in the 80's, and nobody answered. I asked how criminals were more prone to shooting cops now as opposed to the past when police officers would get shot, and nobody answered. I mentioned that I thought we might be hearing about it more now because there are simply more people, and hence more violent criminals, and nobody addressed it.

All I saw was more "you don't know what you're talking about" attitude with nothing to back it up.

That was what started the snide remarks. An insistence that you're right and everyone else is wrong with no facts to actually back up that opinion.

You don't want discussion. You want everyone to agree with you and condescend those who don't.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    :rolleyes:

I asked how criminals were better armed now than they were before, and mentioned Thompsons and BARS being used long ago, and the Miami cocaine wars and the machine gunnings taking place in the 80's, and nobody answered. I asked how criminals were more prone to shooting cops now as opposed to the past when police officers would get shot, and nobody answered. I mentioned that I thought we might be hearing about it more now because there are simply more people, and hence more violent criminals, and nobody addressed it.

All I saw was more "you don't know what you're talking about" attitude with nothing to back it up.

That was what started the snide remarks. An insistence that you're right and everyone else is wrong with no facts to actually back up that opinion.

You don't want discussion. You want everyone to agree with you and condescend those who don't.

Hey man, he apologized online. I can count on one hand the number of those I've ever gotten. I'd take it and run!!!!! Nothing online is worth getting too worked up about.

Best,

Joe

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hey man, he apologized online. I can count on one hand the number of those I've ever gotten. I'd take it and run!!!!! Nothing online is worth getting too worked up about.

Best,

Joe

Yeah. But then right after that he came back and blamed it all on me and told me that if I want to have a legitimate discussion I should go for it. Well, I already went for it, asked legitimate questions, put context to those questions, and got ignored. Then I tried "snide posts" and those got ignored too. The only things that got addressed were the jokes I posted.

It became obvious that neither he, nor anybody else making the assertions he's made, really wants a legitimate discussion on this. What they want is to sit there, make assertions they don't back up, have everyone agree with them anyway, and act condescending toward those who don't because, hey.. we don't know what we're talking about.

I was all set to accept his apology until I saw him admonish me to go back and read MY posts that started it. So is "I'm sorry... but it's all your fault..." really an apology? I think not.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah. But then right after that he came back and blamed it all on me and told me that if I want to have a legitimate discussion I should go for it. Well, I already went for it, asked legitimate questions, put context to those questions, and got ignored. Then I tried "snide posts" and those got ignored too. The only things that got addressed were the jokes I posted.

It became obvious that neither he, nor anybody else making the assertions he's made, really wants a legitimate discussion on this. What they want is to sit there, make assertions they don't back up, have everyone agree with them anyway, and act condescending toward those who don't because, hey.. we don't know what we're talking about.

I was all set to accept his apology until I saw him admonish me to go back and read MY posts that started it. So is "I'm sorry... but it's all your fault..." really an apology? I think not.

Okay, I really did apologize for my snide remark and it's a legit apology. But, practice what you preach, J. Your post history is pretty rife with caustic remarks. That's all I was saying.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    All the 2 police people I know personally are *******s and from the posts in this thread...
    Yea I'm an ******* too but I didn't swear any oaths.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Well, at least we know why cops overreact when they get sent out. It's a battlefield out there and it's as bad as Afghanistan. Shoot, who'da thunk it?

SWAT Cop Says American Neighborhoods Are 'Battlefields,' Claims Cops Face Same Dangers As Soldiers In Afghanistan

A quote from a police officer that's taken the Pepsi Challenge between being a cop here and a soldier over there...."Why is it that i get shot at more in my home town than i did in that third world **** hole?!"
    One thing to consider in that article as he debunks biased statistics with his own biased statistics, what exactly is an LEO? LEO is a broad term and encompasses many more people than are actually street officers. Prosecutors, Jail deputies, the guy who answers the phone at headquarters, training staff, court deputies, wagon drivers, Some secretaries, the few that talk to folks on the news, command staff, those cops that play basket ball with kids all day then take them to the movies, etc etc. For most "police" departments SIGNIFICANTLY less than half of its members do anything remotely dangerous and law enforcement related however are still lumped into the same category. For marion county you have around 1500 IMPD officers. You also have that same number of deputies who's sole constitutional responsibility is court service and jail (though they do have a warrant team). To compare it to truck drivers (as is often done here) a truck driver is just that. The guy that tells the truck driver where to go isn't a truck driver. The guy who fixes the truck isn't one. The guy who loads the truck isn't one. The guy who pays his salary isn't one. Everyone who comes in contact with an LEO seems to be one whether they perform any actual LEO function or not.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom